Hallowed Ground Tourney

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
From the Hallowed Ground tournament, here are a few photos of the game room that John Dober set up. John's ashes are in the wooden box under the folded American flag in a corner.
Thanks for posting the pics Michael! And, thanks as always for a great game! See you (and Diane?) at ASLOK 2022?

davegin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well, the 5th Annual Hallowed Ground Tournament is officially in the books.

The results:
  1. Carl Noriega 4-1 51 pts.
  2. Randy Rossi 4-1 51 pts.
  3. Ken Mioduski 3-2 37 pts.
  4. Ken Daughty 3-2 35 pts.
  5. Ron Duenskie 3-2 33 pts.
  6. Brian Martuzas 2-3 23 pts.
  7. Mike Rodgers 2-3 22 pts.
  8. Rob Loper 2-2 20 pts.
  9. Jeremy Maciejewski 1-3 11 pts.
  10. Ed Akehurst 1-4 10 pts.
  11. Kevin Conley 0-3 0 pts.
  12. Ray Woloszyn 0-2 0 pts.
Carl (the man who puts the "yank" in Yankee ASL) took first place in the seeded strength tie breaker with an average seed of opponents of 3.2 to Randy Rossi's 3.8.

The Bad Mechanic (most malfunctions of SW, guns, or vehicular armament) went to Brian Martuzas who surged ahead from round #1 in command of cheap chinese equipment and never relinquished his lead.

The Sniper Ace also went to Brian as he just edged out Ken Mioduskie in his last game.

The annual Darryl Wright sportmanship plaque went to Ken Mioduskie for great gaming and supplying the commemorative glasses every year.

A special lifetime achievement plaque (graciously donated by Dr. Phil Palmer) was presented to Christina Fallin Dober in honor of the late John Dobers contributions to the hobby.

There were special guest appearances by Derek Ritter, Jack Daniels, Phil Palmer, and David Garvin.

There was a memorial held on Saturday for John attended by many friends, family, and, of course, attendees. It was a wonderful tribute to our late friend.

My thanks to all who attended. I believe a great time was had by all. It was my honor to run this event in lieu of my good friend, John. My thanks to Ken Mioduskie for the assistance. And last but not least, my sincerest gratitude to Christina for allowing this group to occupy her home in memory of John and the love of the game. If she decides to continue this tradition, I will be there to help.

Ray Woloszyn

"Fire and Movement"
Reaction score
First name
Ray
Country
llUnited States
Thanks to all who attended in John's honor and for Dave for putting up with the players who could not tell time in order to keep to the schedule. I apologize for pulling out early due to two minor medical issues that caused me to head home.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Thanks to all who attended in John's honor and for Dave for putting up with the players who could not tell time in order to keep to the schedule. I apologize for pulling out early due to two minor medical issues that caused me to head home.
Ray I hope all is well with you.

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ray, hope you are feeling better.
Thanks to Dave for running the tournament.
Big thank you to Christina for putting up with us mooks.
R.I.P. to John Dober III

Last edited:

Ray Woloszyn

"Fire and Movement"
Reaction score
First name
Ray
Country
llUnited States
Ray, hope you are feeling better.
Thanks to Dave for running the tournament.
Big thank you to Christina for putting up with us mooks.
R.I.P. to John Dober III
Thanks, Carl. Too much bad food on the road. Home cooking and rest is working wonders. I should be okay for the Atlanta tournament in two weeks.

GeorgeBates

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llJapan
Nice to follow news of this event from afar. Wish I could have attended.

Please advise if you can suggest a solution to a strange problem. Friends tell me that this thread is pinned in the "Events & Tournaments" folder, but it does not appear, even though I am watching the thread. Is there a setting that needs adjustment?

Sent a message to GameSquad administrator via "Contact us." Hoping to get some help.​

wesvaughn

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

The results:
  8. Rob Loper 2-2 20 pts.
Carl (the man who puts the "yank" in Yankee ASL) took first place in the seeded strength tie breaker with an average seed of opponents of 3.2 to Randy Rossi's 3.8.

The Bad Mechanic (most malfunctions of SW, guns, or vehicular armament) went to Brian Martuzas who surged ahead from round #1 in command of cheap chinese equipment and never relinquished his lead.

The Sniper Ace also went to Brian as he just edged out Ken Mioduskie in his last game.

The annual Darryl Wright sportmanship plaque went to Ken Mioduskie for great gaming and supplying the commemorative glasses every year.

A special lifetime achievement plaque (graciously donated by Dr. Phil Palmer) was presented to Christina Fallin Dober in honor of the late John Dobers contributions to the hobby.

There were special guest appearances by Derek Ritter, Jack Daniels, Phil Palmer, and David Garvin.

There was a memorial held on Saturday for John attended by many friends, family, and, of course, attendees. It was a wonderful tribute to our late friend.

My thanks to all who attended. I believe a great time was had by all. It was my honor to run this event in lieu of my good friend, John. My thanks to Ken Mioduskie for the assistance. And last but not least, my sincerest gratitude to Christina for allowing this group to occupy her home in memory of John and the love of the game. If she decides to continue this tradition, I will be the

The results:
  8. Rob Loper 2-2 20 pts.

My thanks to all who attended. I believe a great time was had by all. It was my honor to run this event in lieu of my good friend, John. My thanks to Ken Mioduskie for the assistance. And last but not least, my sincerest gratitude to Christina for allowing this group to occupy her home in memory of John and the love of the game. If she decides to continue this tradition, I will be there to help.
Congratulations to Carl and Randy for finishing 1 and 2. Good Job!! Wish I could have been there.

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Nice to follow news of this event from afar. Wish I could have attended.

Please advise if you can suggest a solution to a strange problem. Friends tell me that this thread is pinned in the "Events & Tournaments" folder, but it does not appear, even though I am watching the thread. Is there a setting that needs adjustment?
Sent a message to GameSquad administrator via "Contact us." Hoping to get some help.​
The thread was pinned. I remove the pin within a week of the event ending. Look below the pinned threads for the Hallowed Ground thread now.

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

The results:
  8. Rob Loper 2-2 20 pts.

How can there be 25 wins and 28 loses?

GeorgeBates

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llJapan
The thread was pinned. I remove the pin within a week of the event ending. Look below the pinned threads for the Hallowed Ground thread now.
Thanks for checking. This is everything below the pinned items (last CyberVASL XVII) on the first page as of this post's time stamp. Not there, and wasn't there previously, nor is it on page 2.
Very odd. Any other thoughts?

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Somebody else pinned the thread again, so it is near the top. The top of the pinned threads is always the thread having the most recent post. Same for the ones below the pinned threads.