Hallowed Ground Tourney

davegin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
As many of you know, John Dober III, passed away this past year. However, his wife Christine wishes to keep his memory going by continuing the event John so fervently promoted.

The 5th Annual Hallowed Ground Tournament
July 14th thru July 17th, 2022

Held at John & Christine's home. Just 1 house left of the Irish Brigade Gift Shop.

Location and lodging: The Historic 1863 Inn at Gettysburg is two doors down from the house.
516 Baltimore Street, Gettysburg, PA 17325
855-516-1090
Also, many local B&B's.

Open gaming 1/2 day Thursday. 5 round seeded tournament, beginning Thursday, 7/14, at 4 PM.
Scenario List will follow on this thread.

$20 entry fee: See Ken Mioduski

Last edited:

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hello Dave! See you in July in Gettysburg! Already set things up with Ken and Christina. I will be there by noon Thursday!

koffee77

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Dave has indicated round one will actually start 4pm on Thursday with 2 rounds on Fri and Sat to avoid a hurried final on Sunday.

von Garvin

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Thanks for doing this. Looking forward to seeing many of you there.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Sorry if the print is small but I am computer illiterate, and this was the best I could do. As always, any questions email me at: dcanant@roadrunner.com or reply on this thread.
Lol you and me both as far as being computer illiterate.
Best of luck with the event! I am sure everyone will have a great time. It's wonderful of his wife to host it. Please convey my condolences. Well done you all for your efforts too.

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ann and I will arrive on Tuesday, likely later in the day. I haven't been able to attend since the first one, but we wanted to get to this one. John was a good guy. He is sorely missed. Ken and Dave and Ed Akhurst too, thanks for putting this on to honor him.

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Car
Ann and I will arrive on Tuesday, likely later in the day. I haven't been able to attend since the first one, but we wanted to get to this one. John was a good guy. He is sorely missed. Ken and Dave and Ed Akhurst too, thanks for putting this on to honor him.
Hey Carl! I will be arriving Thursday Morning after 10: o'clock. Maybe we can get a quick pre-tourney playing before the tourney starts. Me and Ed were just at the house on Sunday to spend some quality time with Christina. Ed led us to a really good Mexican/Salvadorian restaurant to check out. It will be a fun time for all for certain!

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Car

Hey Carl! I will be arriving Thursday Morning after 10: o'clock. Maybe we can get a quick pre-tourney playing before the tourney starts. Me and Ed were just at the house on Sunday to spend some quality time with Christina. Ed led us to a really good Mexican/Salvadorian restaurant to check out. It will be a fun time for all for certain!
Mexican food eats me, not the other way around. (Acid reflux) That said, it will be good to see you and Christina again. She and Ann really hit it off. Small surprise since Ann hits it off with everyone. Mostly, we want to be there to remember John and support Christina at a really tough time. I also look forward to meeting Ed.

I'm not sure what the gaming schedule looks like, but I would be happy to discuss some of the many playtests things I have going and see what you have going on. The main reason I haven't been in touch regarding my many pt projects is that you are not on VASL, which does limit how much pt I can do with you :-(. FtF requires pieces/maps/overlays printed out if some new pieces are involved and for some projects, that are not YASL, there are those aspects. Limits that do not exist with VASL. I could send you anything.

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
I arrive Wednesday early evening. I'll be available for anything social, but too tired to play ASL after driving all day.

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I arrive Wednesday early evening. I'll be available for anything social, but too tired to play ASL after driving all day.
Mike! great to hear that you will attend! Cool! Drive safe and looking forward to seeing you there!

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Mexican food eats me, not the other way around. (Acid reflux) That said, it will be good to see you and Christina again. She and Ann really hit it off. Small surprise since Ann hits it off with everyone. Mostly, we want to be there to remember John and support Christina at a really tough time. I also look forward to meeting Ed.

I'm not sure what the gaming schedule looks like, but I would be happy to discuss some of the many playtests things I have going and see what you have going on. The main reason I haven't been in touch regarding my many pt projects is that you are not on VASL, which does limit how much pt I can do with you :-(. FtF requires pieces/maps/overlays printed out if some new pieces are involved and for some projects, that are not YASL, there are those aspects. Limits that do not exist with VASL. I could send you anything.
Carl, never too early to arrange playtestings at ASLOK! We always have projects it seems. Yep, no VASL for me, just prefer the social aspect of ftf ASL. You can always send me stuff to peruse. Back at work for over a year now and that means I have time to read my WWII stuff during my many breaks.
How does Salvadorian food treat you? Kidding. Gettysburg is a GREAT town and I love being so close to it now. Add the many ASLers nearby and I seem to have found my place to live out my many days ahead. See you in six weeks!

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well, highly unlikely I will make ASLOK, at least this year anyway, but I might just have a couple that could stand another kick at the can. Pity about VASL as always. With voice, there's plenty of social aspect to be had. Ces la vie.
No Salvadoran food or spicy in general :). Glad you are happily settled. Look forward to seeing you in 6 weeks. Is Dianna coming also? Ann will be along with me. Christina will of course be there. The ladies could hang out also.

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Is there a file of scenario scans for attendees? I'd like to plan my picks; it would save me going through a lot of binders.