Halftracks

FrankJ

Cap'n Crud
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Does 250 or 251, 81mm mortar equipped halftrack have the ability to fire in any direction? I don't see anywhere in the rules that say it can only fire through the CA, so I am assuming it can fire any direction.

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
Not a good assumption I'm afraid.....I believe it is called out as a bow mounted weapon in Chap H?

Looking..... Yup, called out as B81 in the Chapt H German vehicle listing.

D3.11 limits Bow mounted weapons to the VCA:
D3.11 VEHICULAR COVERED ARC (VCA): The VCA is identical to the CA defined in C3.2, and is used for all bow-mounted weapons and vehicle movement, as well as determining Target Facing for any hull hit vs the vehicle.

Last edited:

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Some other discussion here:

FrankJ

Cap'n Crud
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Okay, great. I never put that together with the "B" as bow. Learn something new everyday.

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
Okay, great. I never put that together with the "B" as bow. Learn something new everyday.
A good point. I am looking for that specifically in the rulz. As to being able to fire through 360 degrees....D1.33 tells us this is as non-turreted and makes a deceivingly casual observation....." All bow-mounted weapons fall into this category. "

Edit: Chap H Vehicle Note Key: "MA Main Armament (D1.3). T = turreted. B = bow or non-turreted mount. F = flamethrower; ## = flamethrower FP. Note that flamethrower designation, FP, and X# are red (D1.8). Flamethrower FP is underlined if its normal range is 2 hexes; otherwise its normal range is 1 hex. "