halftracks and unusual happenings

Oberst Balck

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Hi,

Im a bit hazzy on a few halftrack rules and I was wondering if anyone could help.

A HT crew that gets PINNED, what does that do ?

A HT infantry or SMC that breaks as passangers, do hey have to rout off the HT , even if that includes being interdicted ?

If a HT crew gets KIA ( say by a sniper for example) does it become abandoned ? Can infantry still remain in it ( acting as a sort of pillbox).

Thanks

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Oberst Balck said:
It is marked with a PIN counter and remains un-buttoned.

Oberst Balck said:
A HT infantry or SMC that breaks as passangers, do hey have to rout off the HT , even if that includes being interdicted ?
No, they may remain in an armored half track.

Oberst Balck said:
If a HT crew gets KIA ( say by a sniper for example) does it become abandoned ?
No, it is STUNNED (Recalled)

Oberst Balck said:
Can infantry still remain in it ( acting as a sort of pillbox).
They can remain in it as it drives off the board, or they can unload.

Special K9

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In Journal 5 there is actually an article (Heads Up! Heads Down) on the last two pages that covers some of your questions. Along with the article there is a nice illustration to go with it.

Kevin

Oberst Balck

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
aehhmmmm

Journal 5 in Australia costs about $55.00, and I'm saving for the new rulebook :bandit:

Your replies however are excellent - maybe the infantry could unload near an OBA's out ATG position and reman the gun, or start diging foxholes on a secondary hill, ie: can they unload when they want or JUST at the begining ???

:)

Reepicheep

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Oberst Balck said:
Journal 5 in Australia costs about $55.00, and I'm saving for the new rulebook
$55, Eric? Really? :surprise:

My friend, you need to declare a double time movement to my ASL store at www.games4gamers.net ... I have Journal 5 selling for just $AUD 20.95 plus postage! Plus excellent prices on everything else in the ASL range! :)

Ole Boe

Reaction score
Country
llNorway
Oberst Balck said:
I just wanted to add to Brian's answer here.

When an Open Topped AFV (including HT) gets Pinned, not very much happens. As Brian said, it gets a Pinned counter, but remains Crew Exposed.

The effect of the Pinned counter is explained in A7.82: "The Inherent crew of an OT AFV remains CE vs a Pin result, but during that Player Turn is subject to the Case D To Hit DRM and the halving of all MG/IFE/FT/Canister FP, as well as prohibiting it from using Intensive Fire and Multiple ROF"

Special K9

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Oberst Balck said:
Journal 5 in Australia costs about $55.00, and I'm saving for the new rulebook :bandit:

Wow! That makes me appreciate what I pay for my Journals here in the US.

Kevin

Oberst Balck

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
The effect of the Pinned counter is explained in A7.82: "The Inherent crew of an OT AFV remains CE vs a Pin result, but during that Player Turn is subject to the Case D To Hit DRM and the halving of all MG/IFE/FT/Canister FP, as well as prohibiting it from using Intensive Fire and Multiple ROF"

Well all good, though a HT can't use IF for a aamg in any case.

Can HT's form FG's, like if adjacent ? I think yes???

Thanks

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Oberst Balck said:
Can HT's form FG's, like if adjacent ? I think yes???
Yes.
D6.64 FG:
The only vehicles (as opposed to Passengers/Riders) that may be part of a multi-unit FG are Carriers/armored halftracks, each of which must be CE and using its vehicular-mounted non-ordnance weapon(s) [EXC: FT, IFE] to qualify for that FT; such a FG may be composed of such Carriers/halftracks and/or Infantry/Cavalry.
A Passenger may be part of a FG composed only of other Passengers/vehicular-mounted non-ordnance weapons, and only if all elements of that FG are on the same vehicle [EXC: CE halftrack Passengers may be part of a FG composed of other Carriers/halftracks (as above), and/or other Passengers of the same or another CE halftrack, and/or Infantry/Cavalry].