Halftracks and stacking

jfardette

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If I have 3 squads on the ground and one as passengers in a halftrack all in the same hex, am I overstacked or not? I thought not, but when I actually tried to look it up I could not find anything convincing.

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If I have 3 squads on the ground and one as passengers in a halftrack all in the same hex, am I overstacked or not? I thought not, but when I actually tried to look it up I could not find anything convincing.
That can build a nasty firegroup.

semenza

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Everyone already gave the answer but the key, if you are looking for the "convincing" rules answer, is that Infantry (ASL definition) are not PRC. Find the full definition in the index.

Seth

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It worked out very well. 48 FP, 9-2 leader, point blank and spraying two hexes. DR was 2,1 and 1,2. All targets KIA. Nobody left to eat the ROF. That almost never happens, usually I botch things.
Just wondering, if you didn’t need to ROF why did you make two DRs ?

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think the OP doesn't realize the same DR is used for both locations when using spraying fire.
Correct, I’m trying to help somebody because what was said makes no sense and its a befuddling mystery but I don’t know what exactly is going on. Nobody is perfect.

Last edited:

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
As Larry pointed out PRC don't count against the Infantry stacking until the vehicle is killed and they pass the cs DR.:rolleyes:
Perhaps a time when you don't want to pass the crew survival DR.

jfardette

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
…and if I did know that, I still would have to look up whether the 1KIA was randomly selected among all targets or 1KIA in each hex?

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
…and if I did know that, I still would have to look up whether the 1KIA was randomly selected among all targets or 1KIA in each hex?
Yes, fate intervened and gave you the well deserved 3.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
No mystery, just didn’t realize it was one roll for both hexes. 20 years and still don’t know how to play this game.
The same as 99% of those who have played it. Give it another twenty years and then reevaluate your knowledge.