halftrack MA

jimfer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have a question about the AAmg on certain halftracks. For example:

the Germain 251/1 has a three factor AAmg, what happens if it malfunctions and then disables on the repair attempt. A tank is recalled if it disables it's main armament, in this case does the halftrack recall because its main weopon is disabled?

Jim Ferrell

SamB

Shut up and play!
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
D3.7 says that a vehicle with all its MA and SA disabled is recalled - "Unless it has Passenger / Towing capability".

So, no. HTs are not recalled since they have passenger capability.

jimfer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sam,
I was just pondering. If a tank MA is disabled it is recalled even if it has a bow and coaxial mg functioning.
Jim Ferrell

SamB

Shut up and play!
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That is correct... The rule refers to "Main Armament" and "Secondary Armament (if any)". The CMG / BMG / AAMG are not "secondary armament" unless so defined in Chapter H notes.

You are recalled if your "MA and SA (if any)" are X'd out - AND - you have no passenger or towing capacity.

I suspect this rule is in there to reflect the fact that a tank or tank destroyer would not normally nang around the battlefield if its main "cannon" was out of commission. There are many accounts of vehicles getting their turret "jammed" so it couldn't turn - and leaving the battlefield because it was (essentially) impossible to aim accurately at a target... The rules don't want to give us "cardboard commanders" too much control. :)

SamB

Shut up and play!
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I was just pondering. If a tank MA is disabled it is recalled even if it has a bow and coaxial mg functioning.
And just to make sure I'm clear. Yes, you are recalled even if you have a bow and Coaxial MG functioning.

Sam