Half-Life 2

Overseer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
gobeavs said:
I did that up until the level with all the electrically charged water. It would have been easy to bring it along with the GG, I don't know why I didn't....:(
Yay! I finally beat it! :D

gobeavs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Overseer said:
Yay! I finally beat it! :D
Lucky...I'm drawn to skip to the last set of map, so I can figure out how it ends....but I know that I will have wished I would have played it through....

mr_clark

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Pirimeister said:
Yeah. And they say wargamers have the lowest system specs because wargaming requires little graphic power, 2d counters, bla bla bla... :laugh:

it seems there are some "closet 9800 XTers" around here! :laugh: And we all know you don't need that to play TOAW...

What? My system? Ahhh. weelll... its a P4 3Ghz, 1G RAM and a ATI 9800XT. :hush: :cheeky:
What am I doing know? I'm downloading the game, of course! :laugh:

Cheers!
I hate this life hate this life hate this life!!!

well, OK that you can all feel sorry and send me what you have in your machines now, when you have to upgrade next week (force emphasis :cheeky: ) AthlonXP 1800+ 256DDR G-force4FX 5200

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
mr_clark said:
I hate this life hate this life hate this life!!!

well, OK that you can all feel sorry and send me what you have in your machines now, when you have to upgrade next week (force emphasis :cheeky: ) AthlonXP 1800+ 256DDR G-force4FX 5200
The 5200 is not a GeForce 4.

Do not get a FX 5200 if you haven't already.

Pirimeister

Reaction score
Country
llPortugal
Weel, I've downloaded it and I've playing a bit with it (still trying to get to the lab, after a failed teleport- Scotty what the hell were you doing, man? :laugh: )

First impressions: the graphics are great, the physics engine is even better! Uau!

But I sometimes get a bit of stutter for no apparent reason ( it turned into major stuttering when I was teleporting). Any of you guys had this happen to you?

gobeavs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Pirimeister said:
Weel, I've downloaded it and I've playing a bit with it (still trying to get to the lab, after a failed teleport- Scotty what the hell were you doing, man? :laugh: )

First impressions: the graphics are great, the physics engine is even better! Uau!

But I sometimes get a bit of stutter for no apparent reason ( it turned into major stuttering when I was teleporting). Any of you guys had this happen to you?
What settings are you running it on?

As for the teleporter...I wish some game had a sequence where everything actually worked...I bet 90% of the people knew that was coming...:D

Ivan Rapkinov

Harpoon Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
best part of the game?

easily Our Benefactors - running around with the uber-Gravity Gun.

Gobeavs - that was the bit I was stuck on for ages...if you want a cheesy, easy way to get through it, PM me - I'm ashamed to admit I resorted to gamey tactics to win that bit...

Anyone else love how your squad mates completely ignore your orders? "Stay here, so the turrets don't kill you" seems to become, "Follow me, and stand around getting shot at while I try and disarm the damned things!" :D

btw, if you start a new game after completion, when you get the GG again, it;s the uber variety :D Makes ravenholm easier :D

gobeavs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ivan Rapkinov said:
best part of the game?

easily Our Benefactors - running around with the uber-Gravity Gun.

Gobeavs - that was the bit I was stuck on for ages...if you want a cheesy, easy way to get through it, PM me - I'm ashamed to admit I resorted to gamey tactics to win that bit...

So far...I think the best part is - don't laugh....the beginning. Before you even get a weapon, running away from the combine soldiers in the apartment building, with all of the people so scared..that was so immersive. It could have been I was still in awe over the graphics and everything, I just remember as fearing for my life there :D.

Pirimeister

Reaction score
Country
llPortugal
gobeavs said:
What settings are you running it on?
I'm running it on 1024x768 resolution, no AA, texture detail HIGH, World reflect on water detail, trilinear filtering, shadow detail HIGH. all these are the recomended settings, says the game....

gobeavs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Pirimeister said:
I'm running it on 1024x768 resolution, no AA, texture detail HIGH, World reflect on water detail, trilinear filtering, shadow detail HIGH. all these are the recomended settings, says the game....
Hmmm...I should have asked this before - what are your system specs?

I bet it is either your CPU can't handle some of the more intense parts. Or your RAM can't, the latter probably the case if you have <512 mb.

Pirimeister

Reaction score
Country
llPortugal
My system specs are a P4 3Ghz with 1G RAM and a ATI 9800XT. This should be anti-sttutering specs, don't you think?

Also, the problem isn't slowdowns in performance, but something I can only describe as stuttering...

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Pirimeister said:
My system specs are a P4 3Ghz with 1G RAM and a ATI 9800XT. This should be anti-sttutering specs, don't you think?

Also, the problem isn't slowdowns in performance, but something I can only describe as stuttering...
There is some bug that Valve verified exists. Check the cannonical game newssites.

Ivan Rapkinov

Harpoon Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
also effects sound too - I get it periodically, most often after a loading sequence.

gobeavs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ivan Rapkinov said:
also effects sound too - I get it periodically, most often after a loading sequence.
I get it also, after saving or loading, but after a few seconds, it goes away...

Don't know about the graphical stuttering...:(

gobeavs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Around forums, people have been able to get some basic coop games going on the internet. It isn't fully functional yet, and there are a lot of bugs to be worked out, but it is something. They have been able to get some basic deathmatch going also, so it looks like there really may be a HL2 online play, just in its early stages. Maybe a later patch from Valve will unlock its full potential...

Overseer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
gobeavs said:
Around forums, people have been able to get some basic coop games going on the internet. It isn't fully functional yet, and there are a lot of bugs to be worked out, but it is something. They have been able to get some basic deathmatch going also, so it looks like there really may be a HL2 online play, just in its early stages. Maybe a later patch from Valve will unlock its full potential...
It won't come from Valve, the basic features are just built into Source, in this case, to be used by mod developers. Valve seems content to focus on single player additions for now.