Hakkaa Päälle (HP) Rumor

cujo8-1

The Earl of Burgundy
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I heard that HP might not be a core module release, but an Action Pack offering.:whist: Can anyone confirm this?

And if it is true, would this be the best way to bring the updated Finns into the fold?:hmmm:

serpico

Reaction score
Oh boy...another rumour!

Wouldn't matter to me as long as the counters are up-dated!

Peace all!!

Paul :smoke:

caa

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hmmm... It will contain scenarios, counters, Chapter H and a board. How could it be anything other than a module? :confused:

Jay White

my sh*t is so tight
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I hope the HP module/pack inspires more Finn scenarios, in the same way that AoO has got every TPP making cool Axis Minor scenarios!

I hope a desert action pack comes out, too, that does the same thing! We need a resurgence of desert scenarios!!

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
cujo8-1 said:
I heard that HP might not be a core module release, but an Action Pack offering.:whist: Can anyone confirm this?

And if it is true, would this be the best way to bring the updated Finns into the fold?:hmmm:
It probably makes the most sense to create HP as an action pack .. I can't see HP remaining a stand alone module in the far-flung-future (i.e. when AOO goes OOP & is ready for its second printing many years down the line [hopefully!] it only makes sense that HP gets folded into AOO as Partisan did [or should]).

David Reinking

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Corporal Kindel said:
It probably makes the most sense to create HP as an action pack .. I can't see HP remaining a stand alone module in the far-flung-future (i.e. when AOO goes OOP & is ready for its second printing many years down the line [hopefully!] it only makes sense that HP gets folded into AOO as Partisan did [or should]).
I would agree, but for the fact that HP is likely to include 3-4 countersheets, a map, Chapter H notes & possibly some Overlay sheets. I am sure the box will be the size of CdG & DB.

BobO

Argentine Dove Hunter
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Considering the game box is the single most expensive part to produce, I wouldn't mind in HP came out as an action pack.

asloser

The Head Tuomo of the Finnish ASL Community
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
cujo8-1 said:

Well, if this was true then someone forgot to tell me. And I'm one of the designers. :whist:

But I guess only Keith or Brian might tell for sure.

And, it is spelled Hakkaa Päälle.:D

Last edited:

Glennbo

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A True Rumor

serpico said:
Oh boy...another rumour!
I heard that MMP will not deliver HP to you unless you leave cookies and milk by the fireplace. :crosseye:

ON TOP ASL

Play J94, J98, J110, J111
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
asloser said:
Well, if this was true then someone forgot to tell me. And I'm one of the designers. :whist:
They dumped your submission and plan to use my version instead. Sorry to say this, but Tuomo your 'nick asloser is very accurate! :laugh:

asloser

The Head Tuomo of the Finnish ASL Community
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
ON TOP ASL said:
They dumped your submission and plan to use my version instead. Sorry to say this, but Tuomo your 'nick asloser is very accurate! :laugh:
That's why Brian does not answer my e-mails! :eek:

Ola, our nicks are the top and bottom of the food chain around here...:cheeky:

Last edited:

kdalton

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This probably started due to a discussion about West of Alamein, in which Brian stated he'd like to produce it like an action pack but due to the contents we may have to box it.

Khill

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Glennbo said:
I heard that MMP will not deliver HP to you unless you leave cookies and milk by the fireplace. :crosseye:
I thought we were suppose to leave beer and pizza out

caa

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So the only difference between an action pack and a module is the box? :confused:

I thought a module was a product that contained an OOB, scenarios, maps, Chapter H and focused on one or more countries participation in WWII? How could HP be anything other than a module? :confused:

SamB

Shut up and play!
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Is it too early to start complaining about how long it's taking MMP to release HP? I mean, when did they first announce they were working on it?

:cheeky:

Tater

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
cujo8-1 said:

HP is a dumb idea. The Finns don't deserve a separate module either from a war standpoint or from a gaming standpoint. I have played maybe 1-2 Finn scenarios in 20 years...I just don't see the interest in the ASL community as whole. Sure, when the module comes out there will be the usual initial excitment...6-12 months later only the Finn ASL'ers will remember it was even published. :rolleyes:

Whatever counter adjustments were desired/needed could have been rolled into AoO (along with Ch.H). Then a subsequent scenario pack ("Hock Up a Lugey") could have been issued.

SamB

Shut up and play!
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Did you hear the one about the Finn SMC who walked into a bar?

Oh, wait. I just realized the subject for this thread is "rumor" not "humor"....

Never mind.

kdalton

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
caa said:
So the only difference between an action pack and a module is the box? :confused:

I thought a module was a product that contained an OOB, scenarios, maps, Chapter H and focused on one or more countries participation in WWII? How could HP be anything other than a module? :confused:
That's our debate with West of Alamein. Past action packs have contained boards and scenarios with a wraparound cover and and shrinkwrapping.

West of Alamein (new version) will contain boards, Chapter F, scenarios, a sheet of counters, and a pad of overlays. The boards will be ASLSK, so they are thinner.

As far as I know, HP will be in a box.

Last edited:

caa

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
kdalton said:
That's our debate with West of Alamein. Past action packs have contained boards and scenarios with a wraparound cover and and shrinkwrapping.

West of Alamein (new version) will contain boards, overlays, scenarios, a sheet of counters, and a pad of overlays. The boards will be ASLSK, so they are thinner.

As far as I know, HP will be in a box.
I think the new WoA could easily be an action pack, cause it will not focus on a country's OOB, it will just be components for dueling in the desert. I am eagerly awaiting this! :)