Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Aaron Cleavin

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
On the national capabilities chart there is still no indication that elite Italians take a normal rather than 1 paatc. Marking chart needed here.

pybarrondo

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
On the national capabilities chart there is still no indication that elite Italians take a normal rather than 1 paatc. Marking chart needed here.
The chart is correct, though. No need to add anything. That entire bullet point that lists the 1PAATC is prefaced by "1 & C." None of the things it lists applies to Elite units. Only the first bullet item, Escape NA, applies to all Italian units.

Last edited:

Stacks

Reaction score
Country
llFinland
Will be collecting an unofficial list here. Hopefully the errata stays very short! :bite:

Errata
Chapter B: on Chapter B replacement page B43, Footnote 3A should be Footnote 3B, and new Footnote 3A from the Journal 10 Debriefing should be added.

H190 reference to rule E7.312. This should be E3.712.
H190 errata for rule H1.83: also delete all "/x" from all entries in the ATR column, i.e., remove all information related to Finns from the H1.83 table.

LANO AA: should have "MA:AA" on the back
SMK: MA should be “76” not “76*”.
T-100: MA should be “76” not “76*”.

167 Breakout From Prääzä,
Delete the "are" in the EXC. I.e. it should say [EXC: Prisoners do not count].

172 The Last Attack
Errata: SSR 1 states that Road 52R8-EE6 is a path. Should be 52R6-EE6.
Should not the errors for the OBA flowchart be listed here, thanks.

larth

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Should not the errors for the OBA flowchart be listed here, thanks.
I'd like to keep the first post updated, but the forum software don't allow it any longer (I presume due to time passed).

This is possible on other forums so I've asked one of the moderators if it can done here as well.

Stacks

Reaction score
Country
llFinland
I'd like to keep the first post updated, but the forum software don't allow it any longer (I presume due to time passed).

This is possible on other forums so I've asked one of the moderators if it can done here as well.
Ok, 3 months is the limit nowadays, someone of the management changed it in the summer 2008 from unlimited, I believe, we could find 3 errors with the chart , quite clumsy big errors I would say.

Wayne

Doing Plenty, Kinda Slow
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
From the HK module, the German

35-S 739(f)

counter omits, on its backside, the

"CE: +1 RT"

note present on the backside of other printings of this same AFV chit.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
From the HK module, the German

35-S 739(f)

counter omits, on its backside, the

"CE: +1 RT"

note present on the backside of other printings of this same AFV chit.
The Pegasus Bridge German S-35 and H-38 don't have that "CE: +1 RT" either.

The Germans when they modified their captured R-35/H-35/H-39/S-35/B-1 bis replaced the fixed, unopenable dome shaped cupola with a simple cylinder cupola with a split door hatch as well as adding radios and German style blackout and convoy lights. I'm not quite sure whether they modified the existing dome by sawing off the top or replacing it entirely, but it meant that the commander could stick his head out without having to use the turret back door. They did not do that to the FT-17 as they were barely fit to be used for internal security uses. Some of the R-35/H-35/H-39 retained the original dome cupolas but most were converted over time.

So the "CE: + RT" is not applicable to the vast majority of post French armistice captured French tanks. French and Allied Minor ones were straight from the French factories pre war and so were not modified. Some of the Axis Minor and quite likely the US coloured ones could have had the German modifications. The Romanian's were ex-Polish who fled over the border, so unmodified. The Bulgarians got theirs from German stock and all the few Axis Minor S-35 would have been via Germany so might, even likely, have had such modifications.

Though a relatively cosmetic change, it did find its way into ASL.

Wayne

Doing Plenty, Kinda Slow
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The Pegasus Bridge German S-35 and H-38 don't have that "CE: +1 RT" either.

The Germans when they modified their captured R-35/H-35/H-39/S-35/B-1 bis replaced the fixed, unopenable dome shaped cupola with a simple cylinder cupola with a split door hatch as well as adding radios and German style blackout and convoy lights. I'm not quite sure whether they modified the existing dome by sawing off the top or replacing it entirely, but it meant that the commander could stick his head out without having to use the turret back door. They did not do that to the FT-17 as they were barely fit to be used for internal security uses. Some of the R-35/H-35/H-39 retained the original dome cupolas but most were converted over time.

So the "CE: + RT" is not applicable to the vast majority of post French armistice captured French tanks. French and Allied Minor ones were straight from the French factories pre war and so were not modified. Some of the Axis Minor and quite likely the US coloured ones could have had the German modifications. The Romanian's were ex-Polish who fled over the border, so unmodified. The Bulgarians got theirs from German stock and all the few Axis Minor S-35 would have been via Germany so might, even likely, have had such modifications.

Though a relatively cosmetic change, it did find its way into ASL.
Thank you for the clarification (and history).

My PB chits for this vehicle were filed (by note number) as Ge Vehicle Note #102. Though I recall seeing it (long ago), I cannot now find Note #102 in my PB HASL chapter rules (or anywhere else as seems a likely place to look, but maybe I've leafed past it, multiple times, this evening).

Generally, does there exist a reference identifying where to find all Ge/Ru Vehicle Notes not in the base 2eASLRB? [I'm guessing No.]

Specifically, does anyone know where Ge Vehicle Note #102 is (or was)?

Thank you.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
The French Beute tank notes in German service were bundled in the ASL RB v2 and renumbered.

FT-17: 9.1
H-38: 9.2
S-35: 9.3
R-35: 44.1
GSW 39H (PaK): 45.1
SPW S307: 67.1
mSPW S307: 67.2
GSW 39H (lFH) 82.1

The nett effect is that if you have v2 of the RB, then the PB section became superfluous and was stored/discarded with your v1 RB.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
So the "CE: + RT" is not applicable to the vast majority of post French armistice captured French tanks.
Yes, German MAVN c - only applies to the FT-17 730(f) & FT-17 730m(f).

c. The CE DRM is +1 vs Indirect Fire, as well as vs Direct Fire that emanates from within the turret’s rear Target Facing—as signified by “CE:+1 RT” on the counter.

Ganjulama

Tuco B.P.J. Maria Ramirez
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

My PB chits for this vehicle were filed (by note number) as Ge Vehicle Note #102. Though I recall seeing it (long ago), I cannot now find Note #102 in my PB HASL chapter rules (or anywhere else as seems a likely place to look, but maybe I've leafed past it, multiple times, this evening).

Generally, does there exist a reference identifying where to find all Ge/Ru Vehicle Notes not in the base 2eASLRB? [I'm guessing No.]

Thank you.
I don't think Ge Vehicle Note 102 exists. German vehicle notes stop at 99.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden

German Vehicle Note 102 (100 - 106) came with Pegasus Bridge on pages H16a/H16b. On those pages VN 101 (38H 735(f) and 102 (35-S 739(f)), did indeed have MAVN c apply to them, in the Listing on page H16b.

However, that was rectified/changed with errata in ASL Journal 97.

German Vehicle Note c Multi-Applicable Note c does not apply to the 38H 735 (Note 101) or the 35-S 739 (Note 102). [An97]

Rock SgtDan

Reaction score
First name
Dan
Country
llSlovenia
Without being able to keep Post #1 current, this thread is useless after 15 pages. It would take hours to parse out all the individual erratum.

How about closing this thread and starting another, leaving a pointer to the new thread as the final post?

GeorgeBates

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llJapan
Hey, Lars, design question for you.

Did anyone consider revising the reverse-side morale of the Finnish green MMC (to 7 for a squad, 6 for a HS)? Or, was the agreement from the outset that the existing squad types would stand?

They are what they are, but it's a bit surprising to see an inexperienced unit self-rallying on an 8! How could these guys lose?

larth

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Hey, Lars, design question for you.

Did anyone consider revising the reverse-side morale of the Finnish green MMC (to 7 for a squad, 6 for a HS)? Or, was the agreement from the outset that the existing squad types would stand?

They are what they are, but it's a bit surprising to see an inexperienced unit self-rallying on an 8! How could these guys lose?
It was never considered as the existing MMCs were to be kept unchanged, it even took a while before it was accepted that the Finns needed a new colour to differentiate them from the Germans.

pwashington

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Gents,
Had some free time today, so I'm applying the HP errata. A quick question on the last set of tables for H1.83. I think I should use the top set of tables, although the bottom set is marked for use for ASLRBs published during BV2. I've got BV 3rd Ed., page H8 in my RB is dated 2000. The only difference I see in the tables is the # In Game Row numbers. I know BV2 included RB - is that the difference in the figures between the two sets of provided tables? Thanks.