Gustav Line module for CMFI announced, screenshots, pre-purchase

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam
I'd be honestly surprised if it's not the case that the GL release happens at the end of this week or next week.
Well, they did take people's preorder money and say that it would be in that time frame (at the most). So, honestly, they need to deliver. Gustav will be released over 10 months since CMFI and will be the first real product of this year.

I suppose that MG will also have a money-grab preceding it's promised release date? So, I wouldn't hold my breath until that announcement at least.

I just don't buy into this increased product business model they claim.

Geordie

CM Moderator
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I'm afraid I'm not buying into it either. Despite several hundred statements to the contrary by BF they have barely managed one game per year or worse, one module per year since 2007. I'm not saying that the games haven't improved because they have improved immensely.

What hasn't improved despite many many promises is the delivery rate. I know we shouldn't blame software developers for late software but these late deliveries are being driven by BF itself. The bare facts are that there have been no new titles released since CMFI, and that was a very lite title. Before that, there was a CMBN module, not a full title.

im not even accusing them of not trying hard because I'm sure everyone involved in the games are doing their very level best to deliver, but there is definitely something fundamentally wrong with the model they advertise or the game itself. It's very obvious that they are having problems delivering more than one base game and one module per year and this hasn't changed in the six years since 2007. Since then we have had CMSF, 3 modules, CMBN, 1 module and CMFI, 1 module. Not much in the six years that were billed as a game a year and a module every six months.

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
im not even accusing them of not trying hard because I'm sure everyone involved in the games are doing their very level best to deliver, but there is definitely something fundamentally wrong with the model they advertise or the game itself. It's very obvious that they are having problems delivering more than one base game and one module per year and this hasn't changed in the six years since 2007. Since then we have had CMSF, 3 modules, CMBN, 1 module and CMFI, 1 module. Not much in the six years that were billed as a game a year and a module every six months.
I was quite surprised myself when the release of the 2.0 upgrade didn't come along with Market Garden, we got a CM:SF MacOS X release, which was a total surprise.

My guess is that something unexpected threw a spanner into BFC plans with respect to Market Garden, a couple months before the expected date of release. Then a decision was made to push back Market Garden eight months, stick to the Italy product line and release the CM:SF port and the 2.0 upgrade - or backport of CM:FI features into CM:BN.

slm

Reaction score
Gustav Line was released. Market Garden release info will follow soon.