Guns in Factorys

mgmasl

Reaction score
First name
Miguel
Country
llSpain
I think any gun may be placed in a factory location but I can´t find the rule.

Any help?

Thanks

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
I think any gun may be placed in a factory location but I can´t find the rule.
I do not think that applies in general - only in certain HASL (RB e.g.) rules.

C2.7:
2.7 PROHIBITED HEXES: A Gun cannot occupy an upper building level [EXC: Fortified Buildings and mortars on Rooftops], nor can it occupy a Water Obstacle, crag [EXC: mortars; B17.4], marsh, or Irrigated-paddy (G8.12) unless dm and possessed or in/on a vehicle/boat. Small-Target-Size Guns and AT/INF Guns that are not large targets are the only ⅝" non-vehicular Gun counters that may ever occupy a building/rubble hex [EXC: Rooftop mortars (B23.85); Fortified Building (B23.93)].

mgmasl

Reaction score
First name
Miguel
Country
llSpain
Thinking on Ap119 Konev Cross setup.. so clearly not allowed..
Only normal rule for Guns in buildings as written by Klas

Thanks

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Thinking on Ap119 Konev Cross setup.. so clearly not allowed..
Only normal rule for Guns in buildings as written by Klas
Per SSR 2 the Germans get 6 Fortified building Location, so if you fortify a factory Location, I think you can set up a Gun there.

B23.93:
"...Any type/target size of Gun may set up in the ground level of a Fortified Building..."

mgmasl

Reaction score
First name
Miguel
Country
llSpain
Agree.. It looks the final solution.. but I hoped to use Fortified capability per tunnels.. With aerial support every turn, to move between buildings will be very difficult, and trench doesn´t connect to buildings in this scenario.. Time to think :)

Thanks a lot

Matt Book

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I was wondering the same thing some time back with the reality argument that if an AFV of any size could fit in a vehicle sized factory entrance you would think any size gun would fit proportionally.......alas not so...

Hope those Finnish players in Red Churchills aren't putting that large AA gun in the factories

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
I was wondering the same thing some time back with the reality argument that if an AFV of any size could fit in a vehicle sized factory entrance you would think any size gun would fit proportionally.......alas not so...

Hope those Finnish players in Red Churchills aren't putting that large AA gun in the factories
Perhaps they could fit through the door, but the factory floor was not open enough to move them to a more advantageous position for shooting. Tanks, on the other hand, can move impediments by themselves. You can make up a reality argument to justify almost any rule if you are so inclined.

JR

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
a few other HASLs have gun restrictions modified as well. Unless cited by a SSR a HASL rule will not apply to any standard scenario, even if it is played on that HASL map.

:)

KRL, Jon H

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Hm, I think to recall a thread on this...

Not sure, but IF there is a vehicular sized entry to a factory, wasn't there the possibility to set up any gun within? I can't recall the details - maybe it was a fortified factory. The thread dealt with the setup options for the 88L AA Gun in AP80 "A Bloody Waste".

Edit:
I found the thread, here is the link:

http://forums.gamesquad.com/showthread.php?113293-Can-a-German-88L-AA-gun-set-up-in-a-factory

Conclusion was "No" except by SSR/HASL rule. The old thread makes an interesting read IMHO. It also deals with the idea of towing/pushing a large Gun into a factory.

von Marwitz

Last edited: