Gun crew FP and SW squads

JCusick

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
According to the ASLSK rule book : “ A HS or crew may fire only one weapon and in so doing forfeits it’s own FP for any remaining fire Phases in that Player Turn. “

If I understand correctly during enemy movement phase as soon as the crew manned gun fires , the crew cannot fire at all? No DFF, SFF, FPF or Final Fire for that crew?

What if the crew had used it’s inherent FP prior to firing Gun? Could gun still fire at all?

Am I correct that because a Bazooka, PSK, Flamethrower and PIAT fire independently of their possessing squad, the squad handles DFF,SFF,FPF and Final Fire as if they were in hex without the weapon?

What I mean is can the squad use all or some firing options (DFF,SFF, FPF Final Fire) at moving targets first then fire SW or fire SW then (DFF, SFF, FPF, Final Fire) ?

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
According to the ASLSK rule book : “ A HS or crew may fire only one weapon and in so doing forfeits it’s own FP for any remaining fire Phases in that Player Turn. “

If I understand correctly during enemy movement phase as soon as the crew manned gun fires , the crew cannot fire at all? No DFF, SFF, FPF or Final Fire for that crew?
Not sure what rule you are quoting. It may be an older version of 4.0. It would be helpful if you included the rule number with the quote.

ASLSK#4 4.0 "A squad may fire two Weapons (and a HS/crew fire one Weapon) but forfeits its own FP for the current and any remaining fire phases in that Player Turn (except for SFF, FPF, and Final Fire vs adjacent units).

What if the crew had used it’s inherent FP prior to firing Gun? Could gun still fire at all?
A crew marked with first fire may use intensive fire (3.2.4) or IFE as SFF/FPF (6.8)

JR

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Am I correct that because a Bazooka, PSK, Flamethrower and PIAT fire independently of their possessing squad, the squad handles DFF,SFF,FPF and Final Fire as if they were in hex without the weapon?

What I mean is can the squad use all or some firing options (DFF,SFF, FPF Final Fire) at moving targets first then fire SW or fire SW then (DFF, SFF, FPF, Final Fire) ?
Not exactly. When a unit is marked with final fire, all its SW are also marked and so the SW you list are not capable of being fired. A squad could fire its inherent, fire one of the above weapons, then use SFF, but it could not DFF, SFF then fire one of the above weapons. This is based on the ASL rules. I don't see an easy way to explain this in the ASLSK rules, but I may be missing it. Or it's possible that ASLSK is different in that way.

JR

JCusick

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Not exactly. When a unit is marked with final fire, all its SW are also marked and so the SW you list are not capable of being fired. A squad could fire its inherent, fire one of the above weapons, then use SFF, but it could not DFF, SFF then fire one of the above weapons. This is based on the ASL rules. I don't see an easy way to explain this in the ASLSK rules, but I may be missing it. Or it's possible that ASLSK is different in that way.

JR
If I fire the SW first, the SW cannot fire again for the rest of the player turn and the squad is marked First Fire or not marked at all?

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
If I fire the SW first, the SW cannot fire again for the rest of the player turn and the squad is marked First Fire or not marked at all?
For a squad the squad can still use its inherent FP as regular DFF, i.e. not SFF nor FPF.

This does lead to a marking problem, as the SW is marked with the fire counter and the SW must be placed on the squad to indicate possession, which might be mistaken for indicating that the squad is marked too. Depending on the case players usually either remember or put the SW counter next to the possessing unit marked, etc. ASL has "SW fired" and "inherent fired" counters in DFF purple, but these have not yet trickled down to ASLSK.

JR