Gun Concealment...

Tompy

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If a concealed infantry unit recovers a Gun (not in concealment terrain with no LOS from enemy units), is the Gun concealed?

It makes no sense the crew would be concealed and the Gun not concealed. I do not see anywhere in the rules that the Gun gains concealment in this case.

Thanks,
Jeff

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Guns by themselves can't be concealed, of course. A manned gun gains concealment as do other units. My recollection is that if it is not manned by a crew, then it cannot be considered emplaced, and thus loses concealment more easily than a crew-manned gun.

Georgii2222

Really Groovy Frood
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Pitman said:
Guns by themselves can't be concealed, of course. A manned gun gains concealment as do other units. My recollection is that if it is not manned by a crew, then it cannot be considered emplaced, and thus loses concealment more easily than a crew-manned gun.
"C11.2.....A Gun can never be Emplaced on a paved road, bridge, runway, Rooftop, or in Bamboo and does not receive the +2 TEM while manned by a squad."

A full squad cannot claim the +2 TEM, but a half squad could.

alanp

Philosopher of ASL
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
during the '?'-growth portion of your CCPh, the Gun will be placed under the '?' counter in accordance with the A12.121 Concealment Loss/Gain Table. In your case, look at the table in the right-hand column(no one in LOS), the third row down (Vehicle/Unemplaced Gun): if case K is met, the Gun is concealed.

Yes, in the meantime, the manning Infantry and Gun have a different status. . .if Recovered in your MPh, this won't last long; if Recovered in your opponent's RPh, he's got a chance to make your life a little more difficult :devil:

Also, notice the case for losing '?' of this Gun(case H): if in LOS of KEU(ground unit), it's automatic; move the Gun out of there or figure out which is more important: concealment for this Infantry unit or possession of this Gun. If the Infantry is merely in OG and concealed, the '?' loss isn't automatic; if they're manning the Gun, '?'-loss is.

Last edited:

Jean52

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Gun Concealment

If the recovering unit is a Russian (or Italian) Squad, may it deploy upon gaining possession ?

Phil Palmer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Gun Concealment

Georgii2222 said:
"C11.2.....A Gun can never be Emplaced on a paved road, bridge, runway, Rooftop, or in Bamboo and does not receive the +2 TEM while manned by a squad."

A full squad cannot claim the +2 TEM, but a half squad could.
NRBH, but I thought somewhere a rule said that only a crew could claim the
emplacement TEM--i.e. that not even a HS could.

Georgii2222

Really Groovy Frood
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Phil Palmer said:
NRBH, but I thought somewhere a rule said that only a crew could claim the
emplacement TEM--i.e. that not even a HS could.
That rule refers to Gunshield DRM:

"11.5 Gunshields:[font=Helvetica,Arial] All AT and INF Guns have gunshields which help protect their manning crew. A gunshield helps protect the Good Order manning crew (only) of a Gun from most attacks which originate within its current CA. Other Infantry in the same hex, even if serving as an ad hoc crew, receive no benefit from the gunshield."[/font]

alanp

Philosopher of ASL
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Jean52 said:
If the recovering unit is a Russian (or Italian) Squad, may it deploy upon gaining possession ?
A20.5(guards)and 21.22(temporary veh. 'crews') are the only exceptions listed for Russian deployment, so the answer is 'no'.