Gun CA Change on Recovery/Capture

_Fury_

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi all,

Unpossessed AT gun is in a hex with enemy troops. During rally, an enemy squad recovers/captures this gun. Can the CA of this newly captured weapon now be set to a new direction as a consequence immediately during rally? My opponent claims so, but I cannot find a rule reference that allows it.

Thanks!

WuWei

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Tobias
Country
llGermany
You can't change CA in that case, there's a rule that explicitly forbids it:

C 3.22 CHANGING CA WITHOUT FIRE: A Gun may change its CA without firing only at the end of a friendly fire phase (not MPh), and only if at that time its crew is still able to fire it without using Intensive/Sustained Fire [EXC: (un)limbering (10.22), Pushing (10.3), and turreted guns with other turreted armament (D3.51)].

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
There is also a q&a that makes it plainer than plain:

C3.22 When a Gun is Recovered, may its CA be changed at that time?
A. No. [J1; Mw]
JR

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
Hi all,

Unpossessed AT gun is in a hex with enemy troops. During rally, an enemy squad recovers/captures this gun. Can the CA of this newly captured weapon now be set to a new direction as a consequence immediately during rally? My opponent claims so, but I cannot find a rule reference that allows it.

Thanks!
More to the point, can HE find a rules reference that allows it? In the ASL rulz and not in the SL rulz of course.

But give him an "atta boy" for a good try.

Last edited: