Guild Ranks, Information for Recruiters & CURRENT LEVEL CAP (49)

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
We are currently accepting new members up to level 49.

People, we welcome your alts into DethNet with open arms! If they are within a level or two of the cap, we'll almost certainly make an exception for you (but please ask nicely!) That said, however, if your alt is beyond the cap by any other amount, we're very sorry, but you'll have to wait for a bit while the cap rises before your alts can get in as well. This shouldn't take long! DethNet is only 5 weeks old, and the level cap has already gone up 22 levels! As more and more members advance, we are constantly updating the cap. If you have any questions about why this is so, please see the thread I link to below, it will explain the DethNet philosophy.

I will continually update this thread so that the recruiting level cap is displayed above, to make it easier for everyone to keep track!

I will be resetting the guild ranks this week, hopefully in the next day or two. I would have gotten to this sooner, but I've been plagued by an insane schedule the past couple of weeks. One of the PCs in my network died yesterday and needed to be reset; I had many time consuming issues getting TeamSpeak installed and running; the new job has required an extensive amount of training (that is still ongoing!); I'm finding that I'm not really getting any time to actualy play Warcraft lately!

:laugh:

But when I do manage to get the time to do the new rank system, I will make note of all of the current promotions, and will transfer them across, so don't worry that you'll lose any progress you have made!

A final note - many guild ranks will include the ability to recruit for us; please be sure that you do not recruit players of a higher level than we are currently allowing, as then we will have to politely remove them, and that just doesn't look good - for us or them! :p If you are curious as to why this is so, please read the thread (stickied so that it will always be close to the top of the thread list in the forum) entitled DethNet - Guild Information & Philosophy.

Everyone that has the ability to recruit should know this, as you will constantly get people asking to join that are level 70 (or whatever - beyond our limit at any rate), and they will want to know why we're doing it this way. It's best if we can tell them just why that is!

Last edited:

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Ok, I finally got the time and tried to do the guild ranks, but there's no point to it. I wasn't aware that you could only have 10 ranks; once I added an inactive rank, there were no slots left, so I didn't bother making any changes.

Elaheh

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Is there any chance we could get a functional explanation of the current ranks, what they mean, etc?

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Ok, we still need to do some changes to the rank structure, but it needs to be given some thought, as the ones I had worked out for us no longer fit.

Here's the rundown on what we have so far:

Guild Master - Me (Surii).

A moment to explain - I am not the typical Guild Master; this is not 'my' guild. Consider me more of 'the first among equals'. I am basically a founder (see below), but I am the link that binds all the founders, as they consist of my immediate family (Beeyatch is my wife, Zersius is my brother, etc) and best friends (Canibis, etc). As I also have been staff here at GameSquad, which is very kindly hosting our webpage, forums, TeamSpeak server, etc, I seemed to be the natural choice to be our figurehead.

Founder - Beeyatch, Lyshan, Canibis, Zersius, Deathshard, Dertina.

The guild members who conceived, designed, helped pay for and incorporate the guild. We're basically a democracy. The Philosophy, Guild Level Cap, etc are/were all part of a democratic process - no one person decided the rules. Which brings up a good point - Members should, under no circumstances, attempt to bypass a Founder and come to me. If a Founder answers a question for you, it's pretty much 'the way it is'. This isn't to say that we're not able or open to changing things; rather that you can rest assured that if you are given an answer to a question, that is the final answer.

Initiate

Currently the only rank that allows recruiting of members into the guild. This rank is given to members that consistently show their worth to the Guild by being helpful in various ways. Inititates are required to observe the Guild Level Cap when recruiting, as it is very unfortunate when we have to remove members from the guild for being too high. Fortuantely, this doesn't really happen much at all. The Guild Level Cap can be seen in the very beginning of this thread! I will continually update it, so it will accurately reflect our current cap.

Banker - MuleofDeth and DethMule.

Required rank for our Guild Bank mod (DuckieBank) to operate.

Cannon Fodder

The beginning rank for new members. Several people don't seem to have heard the term before. Think of it as something along the lines of pawns in chess - sacrificial pieces. In the opening days of gunpowder warfare, cannons were (of course) quite devastating, but they took forever to load after firing. As a consequence, when an army was charging at a defensive position, the first rank of troops advancing on said position were in great danger of being mowed down when the cannons got their shot off, so you can imagine that the attackers didn't use their best troops in the charge. :D

Interestingly enough, I did a quick search at dictionary.com for fodder, and came up with this:

dictionary.com said:
2. people considered as readily available and of little value: cannon fodder.
Inactive - Any member who has been offline for a month or longer.

One of the reasons that we need to rework the guild ranks is that the most recent additions to the rank structure appear on the bottom, and unfortunately we added 'Inactive' just recently. The current result is that new members that are added are set to inactive, and require a promotion to Cannon Fodder. We'll be addressing this shortly (I didn't have time to get to it this morning).

To gain ranks in the guild is simple. Be polite and helpful! Do runs for people through instances, help other's with difficult quests. Make frequent contributions to the Guild Bank, participate here on the forums. The founders are always paying attention to details like this, and they notice when a player is being helpful!

I check the forums here from work umpteen times a day; Beeyatch is in and out of the game itself throughout the day, and there is almost always one of the founders online during the evenings (usually several!)

I hope that answers most of your questions! If there's anything else you'd like to know, just ask!

Last edited:

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I completed the changes to the guild rank system last nite. The names have changed, but the above explantion holds true except for one point:

Our recruiters (now rank Knight/Dame) also have one level of promotion available to them. Previously, being bumped to a recruiter was the highest a member could go in the guild. Not so any longer! Now you can get up to Duke/Duchess, but expect that one to take quite awhile to earn, as there's nothing left after that! :laugh:

We'll make sure that the people who go above and beyond for DethNet earn their way to this special rank, but it will take quite a bit of work. We're still only 6 weeks old, even if we are at ~200 members. :smoke:

SirBungee

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Ok like Surii said!
He done a fantasic Job For the peoples Guild (as you may note i didnt say OUR!) so he deserves a pat on the back for this job i think its best ranking system i seen yet. Its to bad that your only allowed 10 ranks only so he had some tough decisions to make espically when had no choice but to add bank to the rank which took away our rank in progress so we must be happy with this be glad we have a guild bank now and too the whiners out there if you dont like it there always plenty of fish in the sea for our guild So again I would personally thank Surri for the fine job he has done !!

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Thanks guys.

:laugh:

Canibis is too modest. I think he's only gained 4 levels since we started, as he's too busy being our PR man and adding half the guild members. Beeyatch is taking care of all the TS issues during the day for us, as well as doing runs for everyone, answering questions, and helping lower level members complete their quests; and between her and Lyshan, they account for the a huge chunk of our guild members being recruited!

And we can't forget our recruiters themselves, who have been tirelessly spreading the good word about DethNet, and helping to swell our ranks!

Thanks to all of you for helping make our guild such a success!

corbix

screenshot guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
hey surii you should check out canibis's idea for the last rank inactive he showed me it was a nice one , would give you another rank to add beond inactive.

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Do you mean that he added the date in the notes section? I noticed that this morning (he sent me an in-game mail). Is this what he was talking about?

corbix

screenshot guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
when i recruited Sin he was level 43 since then he's gotten 2 levels now hes 45 what do we do hes a good player i dont think he should have to leave just because he lvled anyhow let me kno what you whant to do about it boss. ^.^

yea i think so would have to confure with him a little bit more but he showed me that and the dates would be great instead of taking up a rank that could be useful in showing members that are working hard to progress , me i love to see progress its what keeps me going so it would be a perfect aspect to have another rank usable for the guild.

Last edited:

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
People already in the guild can level up as fast as they want - no problems there - they'll never be booted for advancing! We just don't want to add new people that are too far ahead of the majority.

Yes, changing the ranks to remove Inactive is a good thing - I'll be adding in another rank to replace Inactive tonite, hopefully.

narianna

Pink Floyd FTW
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
i don't understand why we have a level cap... or at least used to.
is it still in place?
what's the point of it? :crosseye:

corbix

screenshot guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
we dont want to have a bunch of level 60 or 70 people in the guild that arent interested in helping anyone and only going on runs we want to grow stronger and higher level togeather as a group or a single unit like a extended family.:p!

narianna

Pink Floyd FTW
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
that makes sense, but what's wrong with having them in the guild and questing among themselves, while the lower levels keep doing what they're doing now? it's not really the responsibility of the 60-70's to help the lowbies, so....ah i dont know, i was just wondering :p thanks corbix

corbix

screenshot guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
;) yea your right but , this is what the guild is tho the founding fathers and sisters wanted a differant kind of guild not just a normal one :p but soon enoff im sure we will have them afther we all have progressed more.