Guild Lotto Request

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
A quick request - as founders aren't allowed to enter, can you each, if you can afford it, buy a few tickets to the lotto to get the participation numbers a little higher on the front page?

Bear in mind, this is just a request!

Beeyatch

Senior Guild Founder
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Well you shouldnt unless you wanted to anyways, It does look better when officers support these events. But This one round I want to know how well the lotto is really wanted...Many were asked and wanted another lotto with a bigger pot. But many want "something for nothing" but Buying tickets are required instead of freebies for this trial run. Last was at 50s a ticket and it did okay, But for a bigger lotto like many want, 1g is the only way to go. I dont want this to work on false terms, I want to see if this is something that can happen more often or not. Only way to know is if its done fair and square.

Thanks,
Atheina

Last edited:

Toneboogie

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I put in 20g yesterday...can do more for whatever is left over - just lemme know

Fairlindra

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Tone you have been more then generous on many occasions. We need to get our members interested in participating more. I think we need an officers meeting to come up with some ideas. Anyone care to pick a day and time? Should not be so hard to have eveyone one sign on for a lil bit to iron out some issues we are having in officers chat.

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
An Officer's chat is a good idea - I think maybe Sunday is the best day for it. It's nice to be able to interact more quickly with each other. But that should be an additional tool to supplement the forums. Here, we have a record of all that is said, and it keeps confusion to a minimum. I can go back and look at how the idea(s) developed, what it is we decided to do, see concrete plans, etc. And we can all make it here on our own time, and contribute to discussions. I think it would be next to impossible to have all Founders and Officers online at once - but that said, I still think the idea is a good one, and we can give it a shot this Sunday! Give a shout if you can make it! Shall we say 4pm server time? Does that work for everyone?

(Both forums and guild meetings are useful tools, we should make the most of them!)

On a related note, Ath and I are working on a list of all of DethNet's Officers. After Ath compiles it, I'll go through and see who is no longer active in the guild, who has yet to ever visit the forums, etc! Our goal is to have ten active, dependable people that can help us run this behemoth! It was obvious to the Founders going into the last recruiting drive for Officers that not everyone would work out. Actually, we've been very lucky with the amount of people that have participated.

We'll keep developing that thread once we get the ball in gear.

Last edited:

Kelthalas

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
4pm server time.. which would make it 5pm my time... could be close but I'll try and be here.

mr2medic

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My idea for the future lottos. We would all pitch in some money initially. For example we could all pitch in some money to get a pot of 75 or 100G. anything over the starting amount gets split 50/50. half for the current lotto and half for the next one. Over time the pot would get larger. Also we could even put some in reserve and use the reserves for larger lottos around the various holidays.
So lets say we start out with 75G and sell 125 tickets (for easy math), the pot would go up to 100G and the other 25G would go to help fund the next lotto. If we sold 200 tickets (which we nearly did) that would give us 125 g which means we would have about 60G to start with on the next lotto.
One other idea i just thought of. Do the lotto the same way we did but instead of giving out numbers set a number range, say between 1 and 500. then when people send in their money they get random numbers with in that range. This would make it more realistic and if there are no winners the money would carry over to the next week. Of course to be eligible for the drawing you would have to get new tickets each week. Just think of the excitement it would create if it became a monster pot.

Last edited:

Beeyatch

Senior Guild Founder
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
All sounds good, Was thinking about saving some of the pot money for future issues but I figured save it for another time... I found it very time consuming keeping track of everyones numbers, but it has to be done. Many lost their numbers etc. So on that note I personaly dont want to make the lotto an on going thing.. I was thinking 2 times a yr a big one like the last one and a few smaller ones inbetween. So if we can get a few good ideas on smaller lotto's that will last only 1 week, I will do the dirty work and put the money out:) And yes a set limit or something on the pot, so many we can profite for other special events.