Guild formed - Lightning's Blade Server

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Well, on Saturday, we finally got the guild formed. DethNet was brought into being, and had ~30 members inside its first hour of existence. We're going with the 'growing guild' idea, in that I am not going to stuff us with as high of level characters as I can get to join. Generally, we want members at roughly the same (or lower) level as the core of the guild, and then we can all grow together. (I'm a lvl 25 mage). Not looking for any 11 year old L33T brat-packers to come and pwn all us n00bs. :laugh: Actually, there's no problems with kids, as long as they're civil. (It's the other ones I'm talking about - you know the type I mean...)

Trying to see how it will work if we have a very invovled, friendly guild that is open to mature people that are interested in being a member in a low-pressure, don't-be-afraid-to-ask-a-question style guild that like to run instances. (Did WC and RFC within 3 hours of registering the guild).

If anyone is starting up, join us on Lightning's Blade (PVP) server, and whisper to Surii (that's me) the guild master. Mention GameSquad, and we'll get you right in.

Last edited:

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
If anyone is starting up, join us on Lightning's Blade (PVP) server, and whisper to Surri (that's me) the guild master. Mention GameSquad, and we'll get you right in.
Make sure you mention GameSquad to those folks as well. ;)

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I already have! :laugh:

Wish this sub-forum was more active, I know we've got to have alot more Warcrafter players on here than this! Maybe I'll go spam the Pub forum and see if we have anyone in there. Would be very cool to get a mess of GS players together!

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Don, maybe we should consider making us the 'official' GS Guild; I can add a link to the forums from the Guild Info section ingame, and then instead of hosting my own Guild site (like I was considering), we could just do it here in the GS forums... Hmmm. Could always knock out a front page with a bit of content, (want to update fairly frequently with shots from our raids, battle grounds, etc...) and have it link to the forums...

Y'know, WoW is huge, and I have 5 accounts suddenly going (F&F), so we're fairly serious about this, and hope to really see it take off. If things went the right way, we could get a decent bit of traffic. There is also something I have noticed a distinct lack of in the WoW-online community. Thottbot is (afaik) the preeminent site for WoW assistance. The biggest problem I have encountered to date is a lack of solid coordinates for the quests... Maps are nice, but coords are precise.

If we do anything with this, I'd be more than happy to compile that info as I go along, and that would help generate fresh content... Hmmm - Don, I know the WoW forum here is slow, but this game is huge - think this over and share some ideas with me! I'm trying to find us a home while we're still 'young', and the longer I put it off, the more work there will be to do. The bonus is that I can generally deal with the updates while I'm working, so there's a reasonable amount of free, regular time available for the site work.

Let me know what you think!

Last edited:

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Mantis,

You are more than welcome to use the WoW forum here for the guild. You are also welcome to start up a blog using out blog section and use that as a "HQ" for your guild. You can post screenshots and game reviews in those sections as well.

Let me know if there is more I can do to help.

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Very cool, my thanks!

I'll start working up some screens and such for a good intro thread. Oh - would it be possible to add something to the forum description for this area, like 'Official home of the DethNet Guild' or something along the lines, so it really feels like 'home' when new members come?

I imagine it will take a wee bit of time to get everything going, as the guild has barely existed for a couple days, and we're still heavy in the recruitment phase. Once we get a larger member base, we'll be running more and more RAIDs and the like, so the need for up to date information will increase, and I expect traffic will pick up.

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Don - a couple of quick questions - I have no idea what your server space or bandwidth is like now. My brother has just finished his CST, and is now a computer whiz. He is going to do us up a great homepage with custom content, etc. Can you/do you wish to host that here? Otherwise, going to the forums will be an external link from our site. It is up to you, I just wanted to find out what your wishes are prior to having Trent slap everything together somewhere else.

Perhaps we could be a microsite like TOAW, ASL, etc are? We are growing like mad, so I am anticipating a bit better of a response than initially thought. We have a wealth of information that will be presented and updated on the site, including instance/Raid updates and images, guild bank info and contents, upcoming events, etc.

Let me know!