Guderian's Blitzkrieg

philabos

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I recently purchased a punched copy of GB with original rules. Will the new 4.0 rules work with this game?
Thanks

'Ol Fezziwig

Repressed Dissident
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I recently purchased a punched copy of GB with original rules. Will the new 4.0 rules work with this game?
Thanks
I may be mistaken, but GB1 might be the only OCS that doesn't port well with 4.0. (GB1 or Hubes, I can't recall...). If you're able, you might also do a quick search on Consimworld; I know this very question has been asked/answered there before.

Keith Todd

Reaction score
I just did the search that Fezz suggested. GB1 will not even work with version 3.0 of the rules so therefore it will not work with 4.0.

Sorry about that,

Keith

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I just got the '94 counters and rules that port GB1 up to OCS2.0. (Haven't even read it all yet).

As I understand, this brings it to the more current concept of supply and turn structure (unlike OCS1.0). Since OCS 3 and 4 are more evolutionary from 2.0 (AKAIK) shouldn't it be reasonably playable with 4.0?

Cherper

Legend in my own mind
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Reading about it on CSW, it seems that GB1 is broken and can't really be played with anything beyond OCS2.0.

n3ddy

Reaction score
Country
llSouth Africa
Sheesh! I'm really glad I read this thread! Just getting into OCS, and was VERY tempted to buy a copy of GB on BGG for cheap when I popped over here and saw this. Swallowed my pride and bought GBII on eBay for marginally more than MMP have it on pre-order for (Bargain!) and can't wait to set it up alongside my Case Blue!