Guards and Prisoners as Passengers

Mongo5486

Reaction score
First name
Will
Country
llUnited States
A HS Guard with a HS of Prisoners all want to pack into a jeep that has a PP capacity of 9. I don't think it is allowed. Am I wrong?

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
They count for the PP of their US#, in your case 5pp. So, no, a Jeep with 9pp cannot transport 2 HSs.

A20.51 STACKING: A single Guard unit can guard prisoners with a total US# up to five times its own US#, and can automatically exchange two prisoner HS/crew for an Unarmed squad and vice versa. Unarmed units lose all previous armed identity and classification (i.e., a crew becomes an unarmed HS). Overstacking penalties never apply to prisoners, although they apply to their Guards if the captor side (excluding prisoners) is overstacked. Prisoners share the entrenched status of their Guards, but may accompany them as Passengers/Riders only if the vehicle has sufficient Transport Capacity for them all.

Last edited:

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
He could however load one of the HS POWs into the jeep and have the inherent driver/crew become their guard, thus freeing himself from the fire limitations of having to guard POWs with a US# greater than his. In the same circumstance, the FP of the jeep (if any) wouldn't be affected either. Load 'em all onto a truck and boogy leaving the truck driver as the guard, an even better option if available.:cool:

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It was a HS of prisoners.

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Where is the rule that allows the inherent driver of a Jeep to guard prisoners?

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Per A20.5, "any armed Personnel unit may act as Guard." Inherent crews and inherent drivers are not Personnel, so they may not act as Guards.

A SMC could take a halfsquad of prisoners in a jeep.

JR

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
DRAT! Another game winning strategy down the drain by that @#%! RB! Now, could he load 'em up on a jeep.truck, leave them as unarmed personnel there, then drive the vehicle off board as they wouldn't have the ability to conduct an action until after that MPh?

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
DRAT! Another game winning strategy down the drain by that @#%! RB! Now, could he load 'em up on a jeep.truck, leave them as unarmed personnel there, then drive the vehicle off board as they wouldn't have the ability to conduct an action until after that MPh?
If the Guards abandoned the prisoners in the RPh then exited the vehicle during the MPh, the Prisoners would become unarmed enemy units. I don't think a friendly player may move enemy units, even if loaded in a friendly vehicle. The unarmed unit has no CCV, so it couldn't attack the vehicle. But it wouldn't be held in Melee because it's not Infantry. I think in the next enemy MPh the unarmed unit could unload and scurry away.

JR