GTA:LCS cheatdevice thread

Adamaniac 791

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
As a new thread is made every time a new update to Edison Carters GTA:LCS cheatdevice is made, I have decided to make a thread for all future updates to the cheatdevice.

Click here to read Andy's Cheat Device install guide

The latest version is v0.4 and includes:

Infinite health and armor
Edit wanted level
Edit time
Edit weather + Snow
Spawn anything
Display coordinates and speed
v0.2:
Teleport
Step through walls
Power jump
v0.3:
Activate spawn cheats with one button
Screenshot
Edit car colors
Never fall off your motorcycle
v0.4:
Your car is indestructible, always steaming, smoking, or on fire
No reload
Support for firmware 2.6

Yep you read right, support for 2.6! Now we can upgrade our PSP firmware and play WMV's on our PSP's as well as using the cheatdevice. Edison Carter is truly a god!

Go to www.maxbot.com/gta to download the cheatdevice

Mark

Reaction score
Country
ll
not everything will work with 2.6 though, thats what i heard anyway, they all might work for now but later on with anything new they might not work.

PSP_Maniac

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Mark said:
not everything will work with 2.6 though, thats what i heard anyway, they all might work for now but later on with anything new they might not work.
Yeah, so don't upgrade to 2.6 unless you really want it.

Zeppelin420

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
riekmaharg2 said:
Has anyone found out how to drive the Dodo when I spawn it and get in it it wont move.
The dodo is one of the things you can spawn but won't work. There were a few others that crash your game when spawned, but i think they were taken out.

Adamaniac 791

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
There is no way for the Dodo to be flown yet but I read somewhere (maybe gtaportable.com or gtapsp.com) that Edison Carter was working on trying to make it fly somehow. And I also read about some features in the future not working with 2.6, which were an in game battery gauge and 333mHz clock speed. (I'm not upgrading yet)

PSP_Maniac

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
From Edison Carter:
> v0.5:
Video recorder
Change CPU speed to 333MHz (fw 2.0-2.5 only)
Battery percent, voltage and temp (fw 2.0-2.5 only)
Heavy motorcycle
Turn while power jumping

US/Canada version 0.5 http://www.maxbot.com/gta/CheatDevice05US.zip
UK/EU version 0.5 http://www.maxbot.com/gta/CheatDevice05UK.zip

v0.5 release notes:

This version lets you change your CPU speed between 222MHz and 333MHz. You can also see your battery level, voltage and temp. This feature is not available on firmware 2.6. The syscalls are all mixed up on 2.6 and it would be prohibitively difficult to discover the CPU and battery stuff on 2.6. You won't see a difference at 333MHz except when the refresh rate slows down with too many cars on the screen, then it won't slow down as much. Someone should figure out the difference in battery life between 222MHz and 333MHz.

Video Recorder records an animated GIF at 8 frames per second. I'm not sure if this works better at 222MHz or 333MHz. It's a little different on each. The CPU time starvation on 222MHz might be a good thing to keep the game from progressing during the snapshot.

Don't forget to press DOWN+X to stop your video before taking the memory card out!

The GIF file generated is uncompressed. To compress it, load it into anything that can load animated GIFs and then save. Compression reduces the filesize by better than 50%. Always compress the GIF before posting on the web, and limit the length of your recordings to keep the size reasonable!

The Heavy Motorcycle cheat determines the mass of motorcycles when they are first created, like when you open the garage or when you first see one in traffic, so you need to turn it on before opening the garage or finding a motorcycle you want to ride. Once a motorcycle is created, its mass property is set. Other motorcycles on the road will also be heavy, but for peds, their motorcycles burst into flames at the slightest touch of another vehicle. If you don't want this, get yourself a heavy motorcycle then turn the cheat off so new motorcycles will be normal.

With this cheat, you are the heaviest thing in the universe and in every collision, the other vehicle has to do all the moving to get out of the way. If you shove a car into a wall, it has nowhere else to go so it'll squirt up into the air like the Yardie Lobo in my video.

If you don't turn on Your Car Is Indestructible, you get a cool flame effect when you crash into walls.

Thanks to ADePSP for testing!

Source: GTA Forums

PSP_Maniac

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
From Edison Carter:
I added a fps meter to check this and T-V is right, it does speed up the framerate at all times unless it's already pegged at 60 fps. I was seeing about 30-35 fps at 222MHz and about 50-60 fps at 333MHz. It hits a max limit at 60fps.

v0.5a:
Frames per second meter added to coordinates display

For all firmware versions:
US/Canada version 0.5a http://www.maxbot.com/gta/CheatDevice05aUS.zip
UK/EU version 0.5a http://www.maxbot.com/gta/CheatDevice05aUK.zip

The fps meter is included on 2.6, but the 333MHz option is not.

Adamaniac 791

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Hmmm, could running your psp at 333mHz in any way bugger it up, because I don't want to screw my PSP up in any way. EDIT: Ok I have just tried 333mHz, and no adverse effects so far.

psp284

Reaction score
791 said:
Hmmm, could running your psp at 333mHz in any way bugger it up, because I don't want to screw my PSP up in any way. EDIT: Ok I have just tried 333mHz, and no adverse effects so far.
Increased clock speed means more power consumption and thus more heat. More heat is not good, but the CPU is technically clocked at 333 MHz but has been underclocked to 220 by Sony for the moment, mainly for battery life but for heat reasons as well.

Mark

Reaction score
Country
ll
most emulators have been letting you run at 333MHz for a while now and nothing has happend cause of it as far as i know.

jggb

Reaction score
Country
ll
As long as
Infinite health and armor
Edit wanted level

both work on 2.6 i don't mind.

cain

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
your not completing the game using cheats are you?