Gruntz 15mm Animated Battle Report

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Now this is the way to do a video AAR for minis! :smoke:

[video=youtube_share;7oG-L5dnsFM]http://youtu.be/7oG-L5dnsFM[/video]

Darn it, now I can't wait to get started on my minis project (my first Tomorrow's War set-up - using 15mm minis from Rebel and Black Hat).

prymus

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Certainly a different approach to an AAR. I personally would have prefered more close up shots of the minis and a clearer, to me, display of the tactics used. Interesting project that I know absolutely nothing about. While I have only gamed historicals for decades I have lately had a desire to try something like this. Thanks for the post Tort.

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Certainly a different approach to an AAR. I personally would have prefered more close up shots of the minis and a clearer, to me, display of the tactics used. Interesting project that I know absolutely nothing about. While I have only gamed historicals for decades I have lately had a desire to try something like this. Thanks for the post Tort.
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. A few time-elapsed still shots of the minis would have gone a long way in adding even more life to the vid. Still, I appreciate the effort.

Today I started working on my Rebel minis. 13 washed and awaiting their prime coat. :)

EDIT: looks like the video was taken down. :OHNO:

prymus

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Okay...thats a bummer, I kind of wanted to see it again. Figured I'd come over here as the Religion and Politics Charlie Brown Thread is getting a little too depressing for me.
When you say washed do you mean cleaned? When I hear washed I always think of the final wash for depth and detail. What is the game that you are prepping for? Is it the same as the video showed? Do you know of a website? I woould like to learn a little more about the game.
I'm not familiar with the "Rebel" minis, but Black Hat does some really nice work.

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Okay...thats a bummer, I kind of wanted to see it again. Figured I'd come over here as the Religion and Politics Charlie Brown Thread is getting a little too depressing for me.
Unless I am totally bored, I usually try to stay out of the politics forum. It's less about ideas and more about flame wars. :)

When you say washed do you mean cleaned? When I hear washed I always think of the final wash for depth and detail.
Yes, cleaned. I forgot about washes over the last few months. :)

What is the game that you are prepping for? Is it the same as the video showed?
No, it is for Osprey's Tomorrow's War. Got the rules last year for a Christmas gift, but I never got around to giving them a go as those Ogre minis took up all my time. Someday I have to post an AAR of them so people can see how they turned out. Considering it was my first go around, I think they came out pretty good - thanks to all the help you and some others gave me!

Do you know of a website? I woould like to learn a little more about the game.
Sure: http://www.gruntz.biz/

It's taking them a bit of time to get their own line of minis out there, though.

I'm not familiar with the "Rebel" minis, but Black Hat does some really nice work.
The Black Hat stuff has yet to arrive from England (been about a week so far, so it should be here sooner or later), but the Rebel minis are decent: http://rebelminis.com/15mmscifi.html

prymus

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Unless I am totally bored, I usually try to stay out of the politics forum. It's less about ideas and more about flame wars. :)

Yeah, I know what you mean.I guess I still hold out hope for mankinds civility to shine in that Subject. Some folks are great but some let the topic degenerate into mud slinging and such.

Yes, cleaned. I forgot about washes over the last few months. :)

No, it is for Osprey's Tomorrow's War. Got the rules last year for a Christmas gift, but I never got around to giving them a go as those Ogre minis took up all my time. Someday I have to post an AAR of them so people can see how they turned out. Considering it was my first go around, I think they came out pretty good - thanks to all the help you and some others gave me!

I helped?Really?

Sure: http://www.gruntz.biz/

It's taking them a bit of time to get their own line of minis out there, though.

Duh, I should have noticed the url at the begining of the vid! Sometimes I amaze myself at how inattentive I can be!

The Black Hat stuff has yet to arrive from England (been about a week so far, so it should be here sooner or later), but the Rebel minis are decent: http://rebelminis.com/15mmscifi.html
I am interested to know what you think of the Black Hat minis. I have not seen them in person, but have seen some very nice examples at Little Wars and in mags. Of course paint can hide a lot and add a lot. Never seen them bare metal.

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I am interested to know what you think of the Black Hat minis. I have not seen them in person, but have seen some very nice examples at Little Wars and in mags. Of course paint can hide a lot and add a lot. Never seen them bare metal.
When I get them, I will post some "in the nude" pictures for you - I mean of the minis, not me. :D