Grumble Jones scenario GJ098 "Narrow Streets"

haggis

Reaction score
Country
ll
Hi all, I am to play the title scenario, but have come across a problem with the US forces. In a nutshell the scenario designer states that the US forces arrive as per SSR. Unfortunately there is no SSR.
An email has been sent by my opponent, but so far no answer has arrived.
So, my question is... has anyone got any information on the entry board edge(s) ??

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
That is unfortunate, my response would be to play a different scenario,
if that got forgotten in proofing, is there something else and/or how good
was the playtest? We mess up at times with Dispatches as well but that
is not a good sign...

lluis61

Reaction score
First name
Luis
Country
llSpain
Grumble Jones' scenarios are free, for fun, and as he says ironically about them, "As always these monthly "Basement Quality" Scenarios are offered for fun only and as a thank you to the readers of this blog." They're no playtested, but provide interesting ideas and situations (and when they're playtested make their way to a scenario pack, like Grumble Jones pack vol. 1). And Scott is a very kind guy, and I'm sure that he will give you an answer as soon as he can. Perhaps the quickest way would be leave a comment at the entry of this scenario in his blog: Grumble Jones - An ASL Blog: Grumble Jones August Scenario - GJ098 Narrow Streets (boxcarsagainaslblog.blogspot.com) He reviews and approve the comments, and in a couple of days you could have your needed SSR...

Last edited:

haggis

Reaction score
Country
ll
Many thanks Vic, Lluis. I don't think balance is really an issue as Alan just wanted to play with Jagdtigers... pity he gacked MA on 1 of them with his 2nd shot!
It actually looks a good scenario and so far it is enjoyable.
Just trying to figure out where and when the Americans turn up.
We played all at once on west edge :)
I'll try to get in touch with the link provided.
Again, thanks! appreciated.

Grumblejones

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My apologies for the error and my tardy response. I wasn't aware of your issue until last night, when Danno let me know that he had seen it here. I don't spend a great deal of time on this forum, so don't always see the most active threads. I do apologize for the error. I had multiple working copies of that particular scenario and uploaded the incomplete version. As you correctly determined, the correct entry was the American force on Turn 1 from the West Board Edge. There are currently 137 Grumble Jones scenarios available on the ASL Scenario Archive as PDF's. I've been very fortunate to have only the random error from time to time. I have been providing these scenarios monthly since 2012 and it is something I do for the readers of my blog. It's a way to give back something tangible in appreciation of the time they have given my blog over the past 12 years. Now, as Luis, kindly pointed out, my scenarios are not play tested and do not pretend to approach the quality of professionally developed scenarios by so many other better third-party producers than myself. They are simply produced for fun and to scratch my own creative itch. I really appreciate you playing the scenario and reaching out to me. Please don't hesitate to reach out again in the future. Cheers. (I have also attached the revised PDF version.)

Attachments

Last edited:

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Many thanks for the kind reply, appreciated

WOOT!, we got it right then, US forces enter from the West board edge, great, we've been playing it correctly
It is a really good fun scenario (I just wanted to play with Jagdtigers) like John says, it's just a bugger that I broke the gun on one of them with my first shot :)

Thanks for doing all this work on your scenarios I think that they are really cool :)

Grumblejones

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

WOOT!, we got it right then, US forces enter from the West board edge, great, we've been playing it correctly
It is a really good fun scenario (I just wanted to play with Jagdtigers) like John says, it's just a bugger that I broke the gun on one of them with my first shot :)

Thanks for doing all this work on your scenarios I think that they are really cool :)
Thanks Alan!!

Attachments

Grumblejones

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Alan, I accidentally deleted my earlier response, when I tried upload a different scenario for you. The attached scenario also had Jadgtigers, but is a DASL scenario. Dan Best and I played it, and the Jagdtigers were pretty devastating. But, the key to this scenario are the Orchards. I will say no more. Best to you always my friend.

Attachments

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
That looks really cool, many thanks for taking the time to share it :)

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Alan, I accidentally deleted my earlier response, when I tried upload a different scenario for you. The attached scenario also had Jadgtigers, but is a DASL scenario. Dan Best and I played it, and the Jagdtigers were pretty devastating. But, the key to this scenario are the Orchards. I will say no more. Best to you always my friend.
I undeleted the deleted post.

pwashington

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The scenario sheets posted above appear to be of much sharper resolution and better formatting than the ones that can be pulled from the ASL Scenario Archive pages. Is there a site where the "enhanced" versions can be pulled from? Didn't see any obvious links on the Grumble Jones site (boxcarsagainaslblog.blogspot.com).

lluis61

Reaction score
First name
Luis
Country
llSpain
The scenario sheets posted above appear to be of much sharper resolution and better formatting than the ones that can be pulled from the ASL Scenario Archive pages. Is there a site where the "enhanced" versions can be pulled from? Didn't see any obvious links on the Grumble Jones site (boxcarsagainaslblog.blogspot.com).
The Scenario Archive ones are PDFs, but I always download from the Grumble Jones blog. Caveat: If you download directly, or open the image in a new window, the image is low resolution. Right click over the image on the blog and open link in a new window, and then you have a HR image in JPG. And, yearly, Grumble Jones does a "pack" covering all the scenarios of that year.

Last edited:

Grumblejones

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The trick in the ASL Scenario Archive is to go the tab at the bottom of the page called "User Files". This is where you will find the PDF's that are much better to print out than the JPEG images. And you can always reach out to me if you would like me to provide you with the PDF version. Thanks.

haggis

Reaction score
Country
ll
Thanks for replying and posting the second scenario!
The barracks look suspiciously like the ones I was in for 6 months of my army career. I was based in Iserlohn.
2 Armoured Engineer Squadron.
Good memories!

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Thanks for replying and posting the second scenario!
The barracks look suspiciously like the ones I was in for 6 months of my army career. I was based in Iserlohn.
2 Armoured Engineer Squadron.
Good memories!
Thanks, that does look like a lot of fun (and it's neat that it's bringing back memories for John)