GRENADIER´23: ASL Tournament, Germany, 02.11.-05.11.2023

M.Koch

Grenadier TD
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
The aslgermany HP is currently unter maintanance. I am abroad now for a week, expect the HP back around late March.

Michael

Last edited:

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Ha, excellent! Koch, get ready to combat-load the Opel Blitz with the counter crates and wine casks. Don't forget to rustle a couple of sheep to keep Hasso stuffed and sleepy, to discourage the inadverted biting off of some opponents' legs or accidental clipping of tables.

von Marwitz

WuWei

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Tobias
Country
llGermany
It might be possible for me to attend!

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llUkraine
Can you remind me where it's going to be held gents? Is this the one held in the beautiful Eifel Region?

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Can you remind me where it's going to be held gents? Is this the one held in the beautiful Eifel Region?
The 'traditional' venue is, alas, no longer available as far as I know. I know that Michael has been in talks with a new venue, and I believe - as GRENADIER 2023 has been announced to take place - this new venue is going to be the place where it will be held. I suspect that more information will be available on the GRENADIER website when Michael is back from vacation.

Martin, in any case it would be a great pleasure to welcome you at GRENADIER.

von Marwitz

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llUkraine
The 'traditional' venue is, alas, no longer available as far as I know. I know that Michael has been in talks with a new venue, and I believe - as GRENADIER 2023 has been announced to take place - this new venue is going to be the place where it will be held. I suspect that more information will be available on the GRENADIER website when Michael is back from vacation.

Martin, in any case it would be a great pleasure to welcome you at GRENADIER.

von Marwitz
I definitely won't make it this year but I have eyes on 2025. It's definitely one I'd love to attend as I would tie it into a Mosel-trip

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I definitely won't make it this year but I have eyes on 2025. It's definitely one I'd love to attend as I would tie it into a Mosel-trip
I remember you have that Mosel trip on your mind for years (or this is not going to be the first one). The Mosel valley and its surroundings are just beautiful!

von Marwitz

Reactions: Del

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llUkraine
I remember you have that Mosel trip on your mind for years (or this is not going to be the first one). The Mosel valley and its surroundings are just beautiful!

von Marwitz
It's wonderful (as you know). Other than where I have my caravan (Haverigg, a small village in Cumbria), it's my favourite place on earth. I see it as a sort of second home as it's my most visited holiday place. I've holidayed there around 20 times over the years. I'm even at the v early investigative stage of looking into whether we could live there when we retire on a sort of 3-6 months there, and 6 months here basis. Brexit may have damaged the chances of that though sadly.

I've not yet found anywhere in Germany that I've been disappointed with when I've visited. It's an amazing country. Vastly under-rated as a destination (certainly by Brits - but that's probably a good thing. You don't want our grubby lot littering your tidy streets !!).

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llUkraine
Gelsenkirchen?

My word that brings back good memories. I spent two weeks during each of my two years at college on exchange with families in Marl (about 15 miles away). One of the families actually took me to watch Schalke at the old Parkstadion. The first game of professional football I ever watched live, and it gave me 'the bug'. I eventually got tickets for my local club (Stockport County) as a direct result of my experience and have been a supporter ever since.

The Magnus

Reaction score
First name
Flavius Magnus Maximus Augustus II
Country
llSweden
Ruhr! I love it. Good Airport (Düsseldorf). Good local transportation. Hearty food. never been to Gelsenkirchen, though, exciting.

The Magnus

Reaction score
First name
Flavius Magnus Maximus Augustus II
Country
llSweden
Fantastic location, and so easy to reach from the airport. I once said NO to a lifetime job in Bochum for a more insecure job in Denmark, but my NO was for family reasons and not because I have anything against the Ruhr District. I have probably been in the area every second year or so since my retirement. Looking forward to it.