GRENADIER´21: ASL Tournament, Germany, - CANCELED -

Perry

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I´m sorry to announce that GRENADIER´21 is canceled due to the flood catastrophe which happened in parts of North-Rhine-Westfalia and Rhineland-Palatinate.

Yesterday i got a call from Michaela, the manager of the Gästehaus. She informed me that the location from now on is an emergency shelter for people who have lost everything in the catastrophe. I think it needs no further explanation, and i´m pretty sure that all of you will understand that.

My unit was activated last saturday and was deployed on monday to the flood areas. First to the city of Hagen, later to the city of Euskirchen which is in the Eifel region.
Being there myself i can tell you that nothing will be in ordnung in the affected areas for several months... if not years.
Hang tough, Michael.
Both the region and Grenadier will overcome this tragedy.
Keep up the good work.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
As much as I regret that GRENADIER will not take place in 2021, the reason for this is a solemn reminder to us that we have gotten used to our very privileged situation of being normally able to enjoy ourselves at a game while other people struggle. Especially in Germany, we are not exactly used to such things hitting that hard in our country nearby - usually, pictures of such floodings come from far away places.

Yet again, we are still privileged that we do have many more means to address the issue than most others have. Units (including Michael's) exist that can be activated. Shelter for the victims of the emergency can be found, and there is a state and people that are ready to help.

von Marwitz

The Magnus

Reaction score
First name
Flavius Magnus Maximus Augustus II
Country
llSweden
I´m sorry to announce that GRENADIER´21 is canceled due to the flood catastrophe which happened in parts of North-Rhine-Westfalia and Rhineland-Palatinate.
i am so sorry to hear this, Michael. Thanks for all your efforts as TD.

i hope the area will have as speedy a recovery as possible, I know that you and your unit will carry a heavy load to contribute to this. Good luck.

i really look forward to Grenadier 2022.

Houtje

Reaction score
Country
llNetherlands
Sorry to hear that, Michael. And while it is inconvenient for us, it sounds truly terrible for those involved in the calamity and its aftermath: good luck in your relief & recovery efforts!