GRENADIER´21: ASL Tournament, Germany, - CANCELED -

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Mini-tourney scenarios are up on the site!
These are actually the ones originally scheduled for GRENADIER 2020 which had to be cancelled due to Corona.
With the exception of Leatherneck II #1 Airfield Fracas which was fragged from the list after Michael and me have played it recently - too much counter clutter for sensible face-to-face play was one of the reasons.

von Marwitz

Cpl Uhl

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Looking every day to see if the scenario list is up, so bumping this (since I have nothing better to do). ETA Michael?

The Magnus

Reaction score
First name
Flavius Magnus Maximus Augustus II
Country
llSweden
Looking every day to see if the scenario list is up, so bumping this (since I have nothing better to do). ETA Michael?
I hope you have not checked every day since June 1, because that would have been a loot of checking 🤣.

So Michael, ETA for the main scenario list? Or is it not yet clear if the tournament takes place (I was in Germany last Monday "just for fun", so I can confirm that scandinavians can get in🆒🆒🆒).

Cpl Uhl

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well, I checked almost every day for a while, then gave up. Usually Michael posts the scenarios by June/July and I can use some of the summer vaca to prep, but looks like everything's off in this second year of COVID and with the Delta nothing is for sure. No critique of Da Man - I'll be thankful just to be in Hergarten again, I hope with others!!

tunixx

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Are there any news if Hergarten and / or the tournament site have been affected by the floods?

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Well, I checked almost every day for a while, then gave up. Usually Michael posts the scenarios by June/July and I can use some of the summer vaca to prep, but looks like everything's off in this second year of COVID and with the Delta nothing is for sure. No critique of Da Man - I'll be thankful just to be in Hergarten again, I hope with others!!
Well, I'd say there is a certain chance that at least some of the scenarios scheduled for GRENADIER 2020 (which did not take place due to the pandemic) will be used for 2021. For 2020, as far as I recall, the scenarios were out for all rounds of the main tournament except for round 4. As well as two scenarios each for the three minis (one of which was scrapped since then, though).

But it has been a couple of weeks since I last talked to Michael (actually, that's my bad...), so I do not have the very latest information on GRENADIER 2022 at the moment.

von Marwitz

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Are there any news if Hergarten and / or the tournament site have been affected by the floods?
I would not think so. At least I can't even remember any sort of creek or brook running through the village - and if so, I can't remember it being close to the tournament's premises.

I don't know if currently travel to the premises would be affected in some way. Maybe. But if so, I would guess that these isssues will be fixed by the time GRENADIER is running.

But this is just good guessing - not verified knowledge.

von Marwitz

Mister T

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
The town hosting Grenadier is on a plateau, it is unlikely to get flooded. Now access roads may be, but everything will be back to ordnung quickly (until the next monsoon).

The Magnus

Reaction score
First name
Flavius Magnus Maximus Augustus II
Country
llSweden
Well, I'd say there is a certain chance that at least some of the scenarios scheduled for GRENADIER 2020 (which did not take place due to the pandemic) will be used for 2021. For 2020, as far as I recall, the scenarios were out for all rounds of the main tournament except for round 4. As well as two scenarios each for the three minis (one of which was scrapped since then, though).
Do you happen to have this list for the main tournament, or a pointer to where this list still exists?

They have been deleted/overwritten on https://www.aslgermany.de/.

M.Koch

Grenadier TD
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
I´m sorry to announce that GRENADIER´21 is canceled due to the flood catastrophe which happened in parts of North-Rhine-Westfalia and Rhineland-Palatinate.

Yesterday i got a call from Michaela, the manager of the Gästehaus. She informed me that the location from now on is an emergency shelter for people who have lost everything in the catastrophe. I think it needs no further explanation, and i´m pretty sure that all of you will understand that.

My unit was activated last saturday and was deployed on monday to the flood areas. First to the city of Hagen, later to the city of Euskirchen which is in the Eifel region.
Being there myself i can tell you that nothing will be in ordnung in the affected areas for several months... if not years.

brunger

Reaction score
Country
ll
I´m sorry to announce that GRENADIER´21 is canceled due to the flood catastrophe which happened in parts of North-Rhine-Westfalia and Rhineland-Palatinate.

Yesterday i got a call from Michaela, the manager of the Gästehaus. She informed me that the location from now on is an emergency shelter for people who have lost everything in the catastrophe. I think it needs no further explanation, and i´m pretty sure that all of you will understand that.

My unit was activated last saturday and was deployed on monday to the flood areas. First to the city of Hagen, later to the city of Euskirchen which is in the Eifel region.
Being there myself i can tell you that nothing will be in ordnung in the affected areas for several months... if not years.
good luck to everyone in the area in these difficult times. 🤔

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States

Today's ASL Word of the Day was inspired by your post and your commitment to your countrymen.
Devoir, a person's duty.

Well done Sir. Sorry about Grenadier having to be cancelled. Thank you for your service and best of luck to all those affected by this catastrophe.

JoeArthur

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I´m sorry to announce that GRENADIER´21 is canceled due to the flood catastrophe
Michael - many thanks for letting us all know whilst you must be extremely busy. I hope your work goes well.

I have a cross channel ferry ticket purchased in Dec 2019 that has yet to be used (ASL Ring 2020, 2021 cancelled due to Covid). I had hoped to use it for Grenadier.............maybe next year?

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Michael - many thanks for letting us all know whilst you must be extremely busy. I hope your work goes well.

I have a cross channel ferry ticket purchased in Dec 2019 that has yet to be used (ASL Ring 2020, 2021 cancelled due to Covid). I had hoped to use it for Grenadier.............maybe next year?
Joe for everyone's sake I hope you can use that ticket soon.