Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
I'm surprised that many people still want to play that scenario. Everyone has played it at least once and probably more than once.

Jacometti

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
the fourth round must be almost finished....who is unbeaten, who is going into the finals tomorrow ! We need information ! I am stressed? Is Mazzei in with a chance?

M.Koch

Grenadier TD
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Sorry to say, but Chris is not in. The final will be a Dutch/ French affair...

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Oh the drama!

I have lived through ASL scandals...

Rocket's Red Glare:
Wirbelwind Flakpanzer rolls Boxcars on first DR and is recalled immediately thereafter on repair of 6. Sniper hits hex of 9-2, luckily hits "only" the HMG squad. A few turns later snakes take out the 9-2, 2x658 with MMG plus LMG.
Game over. Shit!

Pocket Panzers:
Two 60mm MTRs kill enemy 9-2 and screw up stack with spotted fire. Only to break a turn later rollinng 6,6 and 6,6. Radio Contact established, black chit, SR accurate, targets abound in OG and Woods, 100mm OBA. Effects one Pin on three target hexes. A bit later same thing - effects 6,6 and 6,6. Only tank capable of harming enemy Panthers has moved carefully into HD position and dodged enemy shot. NOW it is time to kill! 6,6 break the MA after supporting tank has been taken out by a CH.

Nikolai's Star:
Bliss! Russian hordes with 5 T-34/85 and a heroic 10-3 which wounds as a leader assault defending Hungarians across OG. I figure that a very forward setup of a German built Pak40 might kill one or two with some luck before being stomped. First move of the enemy: He runs a squad ADJACENT to that (still HIP) ATG. I reckon, I better shoot on the tanks before being killed at once. Fire, hit, kill on the first one. Yay! ROF. Fire, hit, kill on the second one! OMG! My Gun will be taken out in Melee at the end of the turn, so why not break it to prevent the enemy turning it against me? So Intesive Fire. Snakes. Take out the third T-34/85. Did I ever do something like this before?!
The insult does not end here: Enemy squad advances into CC but my Gun is still concealed while enemy is CX. Despite 2:1 odds, the Crew survives, Melee ensues. I run a 347 into the Melee to reinforce it. The evil Russians only attack the Crew again, roll and just take it out. My glorious Hungarians roll snakes - Leader Creation 6+1. This tilts the odds, crew survives, Russians die. The ATG continues to be a menace ravaging the Russian infantry...

Feels like these days cost my nerves a year...

Now it is 4 a.m., the hard core is still sitting together and talking and drinking. Last game just ended.

THIS is Grenadier!

von Marwitz

Last edited:

M.Koch

Grenadier TD
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Round 5 is soon to start. The final match is: Philippe B. versus Hennie. They play "A Real Barn Burner"

Raptorfan

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Just returned from ASL grenadier 2019. Was there for the first time and it was fantastic. Met a lot of nice people, not just as players.
I was on the friendly side only, but got a chance to play with some experienced players and learned tons of invaluable lessons.
Thanks to Sam and Peter???? (from Eindhoven IIRC) for giving me the opportunities and for their patience. And Magnus! Have to finish our scenario some
And of course thanks to Michael Koch for directing the tournament, his helping hand (not handS this time....) and nice late night chats.....

M.Koch

Grenadier TD
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Finally home. GRENADIER´19 is in the books. Again it was a great Event.
Thanks again to all particpants. You are what makes it a pleasure to organize GRENADIER.

Here are the first 3 ranks
1st Philippe B. (FRA)
2nd Florian M. (DEU)
3rd Alex K. (NLD)

Koestler

Reaction score
Country
llNetherlands
I intend to do a write up, but for now: many thanks for running a great tournament, even being covered by that wound counter. Wound-hero I would say.
Best,
AK

M.Koch

Grenadier TD
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
I want to thank the following sponsors for supporting GRENADIER (in no particular order).

Multi Man Publishing

Le Franc Tireur

Bounding Fire

Lone Canuck Publishing

Peter & Chris (Death To Fascism)

Edo for his fantastic mug and T-shirt

Thomas for the Journal

Houtje

Reaction score
Country
llNetherlands
Many thanks again to Michael for organizing Grenadier every year and to all the other participants as well for making it such a nice and friendly tournament. Hope to see you all there next year!

Raptorfan

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Btw. was there any kind of poll for the favorite scenario or so?