GRENADIER´19: ASL Tournament, Germany, 06.11.2019-10.11.2019

Ray Woloszyn

"Fire and Movement"
Reaction score
First name
Ray
Country
llUnited States
Just to let my fellow Grenadiers that I got back to the USA today. I slept well in Frankfurt after my ride with Chris and even better on the almost ten hour plane trip back to North Carolina. I was truly exhausted by my eight games with wonderful opponents. Like a "Stehaufmännchen" I keep coming back year after year even though I have been saying lately this might be the last time I attend (must be fake news).

Congratulations to the winners and kudos to the newbies for putting up with us "Experten".

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Just to let my fellow Grenadiers that I got back to the USA today. I slept well in Frankfurt after my ride with Chris and even better on the almost ten hour plane trip back to North Carolina. I was truly exhausted by my eight games with wonderful opponents. Like a "Stehaufmännchen" I keep coming back year after year even though I have been saying lately this might be the last time I attend (must be fake news).

Congratulations to the winners and kudos to the newbies for putting up with us "Experten".
Ray, you truly belong to the 'inventory' of Grenadier. Among others I truly appreciate the long way you take upon yourself to attend each year and enjoy the talking with you as well as any game when chance matches us.

von Marwitz

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
It was great to see so many old friends, but also so many new faces and new players! Great job by Michael as usual. I just hope that next year I can play in the Salon von Marwitz - I'll bring my pipe and slippers.
Feel invited! Just take precautions not to accidentally tread on Hasso, my Deutsche Dogge, dozing on the carpet. He might otherwise mistake your slippers for malperforming counters or dice that I have the habit of throwing to him.

von Marwitz

Blofeld

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Grenadier 19 was a blast! So many great guys and everyone lend an ear if the newbies had rules questions. Thank you all for the fantastic support.
Hopefully next year I'm (ruleswise) good enough for the Main Event... to shell out some cheap victories to you guys! :D

Lobster

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
I'm surprised that many people still want to play that scenario. Everyone has played it at least once and probably more than once.
Never played it before - and as it is an excellent scenario I would play it a second time without hesitation

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Never played it before - and as it is an excellent scenario I would play it a second time without hesitation
I agree. Excellent scenario.

But be warned:

I played it twice and in both cases my Wirbelwind either broke his MA on the first shot and was recalled on the first repair attempt or recalled by a Sniper before firing the first shot.
In one game, my 9-2 was killed by a Sniper early in the game taking all his buddies with him by LLMC etc. In the other game, the location of the 9-2 got attacked but it hit "only" the HMG squad. Instead in that other game the 9-2 and his buddies were wiped out by a snakeeyes attack mortally wounding the 9-2, reducing everyone else by a Random Selection Yhatsee and leaving but a broken HS after the LLMC.

This one seems to have bad karma.

Maybe I need to play it for a third time...

von Marwitz