GRENADIER´17 ASL Tournament, Germany, 01.11.-05.11.2017

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hello Paul,

it would be nice to welcome you at Grenadier!

Both an erratum and clarifications can be found on the Friendly Fire website for FtF67 "Collecchio":

ERRATA:
SSR 3 says "A +1 Dusk LV Hindrance equal to Mist (E3.32) is in effect". Delete "+1".

CLARIFICATIONS:
The scenario card specifies that only hexes west of the river are in play. There are pair of hexes such that LOS between them cross hexes that are not in play. Are such LOS blocked because of crossing such out-of-play hexes?
Answer: No.

Per SSR 2, Printed stairwells do not exist. Which of the large round center dot (B31.3), the white square (B23.23) or the white cross (Steeple; B31.2) are considered Printed stairwells?
Answer: Only the white square is a Printed stairwell.

The stairwell-clarification has been taken into account in the VASL file / screenshot provided.

von Marwitz
Note: The FlaK Gun in Collechio cannot be set up in a building (even the Factories) Though this should be quite obvious by rules interpretation, I have often seen it played incorrectly quite a few times in a couple of tournaments. You may want to make a special note of this (though as I have said, it is obvious by the rules).

Great job of the scenario screenshots BTW, and it looks like some very good scenarios and don't let the lack of recordings for Put Out The Searchlights put anyone off. I helped Mark Harms with Playtests on this one and found it quite balanced and fun to boot (for whatever my input is worth), I just don't record the various playtests of any scenario on ROAR.

Paul S NJ

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks Tom and Von Marwitz, those clarifications are helpful.

If I can make a suggestion, perhaps any scenario errata and clarifications could be noted somewhere on the tournament web site.

I hope I can make it! Looks like some interesting scenarios. I like the Pleva-lite OBA rule and also having balance options to take the competition up a level of intensity.

Paul

M.Koch

Grenadier TD
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Hi Paul
You´re welcome. Drop me a line if you need more Infos...

Michael

Ray Woloszyn

"Fire and Movement"
Reaction score
First name
Ray
Country
llUnited States
Leaving this Friday for Germany so I thought I would bump this thread up. It would be nice to see another American (Paul) there besides Sam. I will be spending most of next week visiting Martin Luther historical sites in Saxony. If anyone from Germany going to Grenadier is reading this post I will be looking for my usual ride back to Frankfurt Flughafen for my Monday flight after Grenadier. I can always take the train back, the same way I will need to arrive (in Heimbach).

Kudo's to Andre for the VASL layouts. Outstanding.

Last edited:

Paul S NJ

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sorry Ray, I can't make it. Still on my bucket list. Hope to be there sometime soon.
Paul

M.Koch

Grenadier TD
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Main Tournament is running, 26 players are testing their skills.

The winners of the Thursday Mini tournaments are

- R. Woloszyn "Forza Italia"
- B. Lorenzen "Forza Italia II"
- A. Burchardt "Croix de Guerre vs. Eisernes Kreuz"
- K. Koch "For King and Emperor"

M.Koch

Grenadier TD
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Grenadier´17 is succesfully finished

The winner of this years Main Tournament is B. Nitrosso/ France, followed second by B. Lorenzen/ Germany and third A. Koestler/ Netherlands
Congratulations to the winners and thanks to all participants. Once again it was a fantastic event....

Last edited:

CHERDE

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Hi friends,

I, Christian Herde, took part in the tournament. When I try to collect my playing equipment to leave the event, I missed most of my playing equipment. It is probable that other participants in their hurry to leave took my box by mistake. The box is light green and black, is used normally by people to take home their food from a department store and contains two ASL module boxes with maps and overlays, six brown satchels with counters. also my dice cup and my calender and some writing stuff is in it.
If someone discovers this box in his car, please contact me (cherde@web.de) to arrange a safe return of my belongings.
I fully understand that it was probably a mistake by hurry - some participants travelling together in one car might have helped each other by loading stuff into the car and took mine believing they took the stuff of a co-traveller.

And as Michael Koch stated it was a fantastic event.

CHERDE

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Folks
I can reassure the well known fact, that ASL players are very honest. As I thought someone took my stuff by mistake. I will receive them back. Some good player will arrange an armored column through the Sowjetzone to my Headquarters.
Take care

M.Koch

Grenadier TD
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
I also want to thank the following sponsors for supporting GRENADIER 2017 ( in no particular order )

- Multi-Man Publishing
- Le Franc Tireuer
- Friendly Fire
- Lone Canuck Publishing
- Bounding Fire Productions
- Kansas City ASL
- G."Mr. T" Tournemire "T--Cards"
- T. Hundsdorfer "Panzerknacker Trophy"

M.Koch

Grenadier TD
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Sorry, my bad
The winner of the Panzerknacker Tropy is G.Decrolier/Belgium.

Bismork

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
congratulations to all the winners and to the organizer for hosting such a great event. It is also very nice to see that it has become a truly European event ( i am countig you as an honorary German in this case Ray ;-)

Greetings

Stephan Jacobi

Last edited:

Ray Woloszyn

"Fire and Movement"
Reaction score
First name
Ray
Country
llUnited States
congratulations to all the winners and to the organizer for hosting such a great event. It is also very nice to see that it has become a truly European event ( i am countig you as an honorary German in this case Ray ;-)

Greetings

Stephan Jacobi
You are a blast from the past as we say in America. Nice to see you still maintain an interest in Grenadier and ASL. Maybe we will see you next year.

nitro

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Hi guys !
thanks to Mike, thanks to my opponents and to all for the kuddos (hi Perry it's been a while...).
I will put an AAR on the AAR section.

Cheers

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Grenadier 2017 - AAR

Finally, I have had the opportunity to write up an AAR of this year's Grenadier tournament. I played 8 games altogether. A friendly game, two as part of a mini-tournament, and five as part of the main-tournament. I will present these in the posts below as individual AAR's.

Altogether, I won 5 games out of 8. This included the friendly game and victory in one of the mini-tournaments was mine, but I did not fare that well in the main tournament (3 losses / 2 wins). Grenadier 2017 was once more a lot of fun and an event that I am looking forward to every year. The atmosphere is very friendly and I would not want to miss the chatter with many of the players after the conclusion of the day's scenarios.

My thanks go out to Michael Koch for his organization and to all the players from all over Europe and even the US. Last but not least I also thank all companies that supported the event with prizes – MMP, Bounding Fire, LFT, Lone Canuck, George Tournemire, Kansas City ASL, Friendly Fire, and Tim Hundsdorfer (Please forgive me if I forgot anyone.).

von Marwitz

Last edited: