GRENADIER´17 ASL Tournament, Germany, 01.11.-05.11.2017

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
At this point, the scenarios for the Mini-Tournaments can be reviewed here:

www.aslgermany.de

There are 3 Mini-Tournaments. I have created VASL-files (v6.3.3) for all of them.

Mini-Tournament 1:

For King And Emperor

Round One
RPT83 Mile Peg 61

RPT83 Mile Peg 61 Scenario Archive.jpg

Round Two
J150 The Sangshak Redemption

J150 The Sangshak Redemption Scenario Archive.jpg

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Mini-Tournament 2:

Forza Italia

Round One
DB046 Hill731
(Special Balance: Delete 6 Mine Factors and one 437 squad from the Greek OB)
Note: This special balance is NOT included in the VASL file!

DB046 Hill 731 Scenario Archive.jpg

Round Two
J130 The Art Of Dying

J130 The Art Of Dying Scenario Archive.jpg

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Mini-Tournament 3:

Croix De Guerre vs. Eisernes Kreuz

Round One
YASL2 Initial Skirmish
(Special Balance: Add one 457 squad to the French OB)
Note: This special balance is NOT included in the VASL file!

YASL2 Initial Skirmish Scenario Archive.jpg

Round Two
FrF77 Ghostbusters

FrF077 Ghostbusters Scenario Archive.jpg

Mister T

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Nice website, well in line with the high standards set by CK's legacy Grenadier website

Mister T

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
One only please, otherwise i Stray, Jitter fire and make Mistaken Attacks!

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
It is rumored ;), that the M.Koch (the TD) does have VASL files (v6.3.3) handy for all scenarios of the Main Tournament and the Minis... Word has it, that any special balance for Grenadier Tournament (should there be one) is not incorporated in those files, so you should doublecheck for further information on the Grenadier website:

https://www.aslgermany.de/main-scenarios-abs-ssr/

In the following posts I will list the scenarios of the Main Tournament.

von Marwitz

tunixx

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Herr von Marwitz has done a great job again by creating those VASL files. When looking at the files one question came up: The scenario description of "Death on the Eismeerstraße" mentions a roadblock, but there is no roadblock in the OOB. Which side may place a roadblock ?

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Herr von Marwitz has done a great job again by creating those VASL files. When looking at the files one question came up: The scenario description of "Death on the Eismeerstraße" mentions a roadblock, but there is no roadblock in the OOB. Which side may place a roadblock ?
The Roadblock setup is by SSR (Y6/Z6 if I remember correctly). It is shown on the map as a draggable overlay instead of a counter but hard to discern because of the truck-wrecks.

von Marwitz

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Note to Map picture of WO12 "Heart of Wilderness":

Chris Mazzei has pointed out to me that I have made a mistake in the depiction of the German setup-area.
It does not include the entirety of bd67 - please refer to the setup-instructions on the scenario card.

von Marwitz

Houtje

Reaction score
Country
llNetherlands
Thanks again for all the hard work, Michael and Von Marwitz!

Paul S NJ

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Michael,
I plan to be in Frankfort the week before Grenadier and hope to pass my TC to stay for the tournament. The list looks great and the maps above are helpful to visualize the scenarios.

Some questions on Collechio.
-I recall there was a debate whether the dust LV was +1 at all ranges (including in hex) or if the LV was like normal mist (+1 starting at six hexes and increased every 6). I think we used +1 at all ranges and it evens out for both sides in any case, but it would be good to clarify.

-Also there was some discussion about whether the steeple of the overlay exists (I think it's obvious it does exists), since printed stairwells don't.

Paul

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Michael,
I plan to be in Frankfort the week before Grenadier and hope to pass my TC to stay for the tournament. The list looks great and the maps above are helpful to visualize the scenarios.

Some questions on Collechio.
-I recall there was a debate whether the dust LV was +1 at all ranges (including in hex) or if the LV was like normal mist (+1 starting at six hexes and increased every 6). I think we used +1 at all ranges and it evens out for both sides in any case, but it would be good to clarify.

-Also there was some discussion about whether the steeple of the overlay exists (I think it's obvious it does exists), since printed stairwells don't.

Paul
Hello Paul,

it would be nice to welcome you at Grenadier!

Both an erratum and clarifications can be found on the Friendly Fire website for FtF67 "Collecchio":

ERRATA:
SSR 3 says "A +1 Dusk LV Hindrance equal to Mist (E3.32) is in effect". Delete "+1".

CLARIFICATIONS:
The scenario card specifies that only hexes west of the river are in play. There are pair of hexes such that LOS between them cross hexes that are not in play. Are such LOS blocked because of crossing such out-of-play hexes?
Answer: No.

Per SSR 2, Printed stairwells do not exist. Which of the large round center dot (B31.3), the white square (B23.23) or the white cross (Steeple; B31.2) are considered Printed stairwells?
Answer: Only the white square is a Printed stairwell.

The stairwell-clarification has been taken into account in the VASL file / screenshot provided.

von Marwitz