Greetings from an ASL noob in Carmel, Indiana

RedFalcon

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi. I just broke out ASLSK #1 with the ultimate goal of learning ASL. I was told to check this forum out to find online gaming partners. If anyone wants to help teach me ASLSK #1, please give me a shout!

-Aamir

JAGgamer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
PM sent! Indy area is up to a whopping 3 players then as far as I can tell. (Adding one more from Bloomington area soon, hopefully.) If there are others, hopefully they will see this and respond.

I'm certainly happy to help w/ ASLSK or full ASL.

RedFalcon

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks! I’m working through the rules now and I’ll reach out once I’m ready to try a game.

RedFalcon

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Can you recommend the best way to learn ASL or ASLSK? I have started going through the ASLSK#1 rulebook and have set up the 1st scenario. Hit a bit of a wall reading about Defensive Fire.

Paul John

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yah, there's a ton to take in and when you do a few games, even though you will get tons wrong,
the context will really help to put the rules and sequences in place. Impossible to remember the
rules completely. After 30 years I still have not finished a scenario without checking something!
VASL is your friend these days. With Skype or Discord it makes remote play almost the same as
face to face.