Greatest upset in Sports History!

Aaron Cleavin

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Japan besting South Africa at Rugby World Cup.
Eclipses miracle on ice,, tyson/douglas, England / USA 1950 football world cup I think.

2 Days after Japan allowed military ouside Japan in 70 years!

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Japan beat South Africa in rugby? Maybe they brought out the sumo wrestlers for the scrum. Lol. Did anybody notice any salt being thrown? Lol

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I wonder how fast a big fat sumo wrestler can run with a rugby ball. I guess their faster than a pancake of a person after the throw in.

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
very impressed.
I didn't think they would come back into it....What were England thinking, not tyeing it up?

trevpr1

ASL Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
very impressed.
I didn't think they would come back into it....What were England thinking, not tyeing it up?
Germany B's decision not to try for the draw but to go for the win with the kick into the corner. But it showed some arrogance which was revealed to be overconfidence when Wales bundled them off the field. In the end, Wales wanted the win even more.
I applaud G

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llUkraine
Germany B's decision not to try for the draw but to go for the win with the kick into the corner. But it showed some arrogance which was revealed to be overconfidence when Wales bundled them off the field. In the end, Wales wanted the win even more.
I applaud G
You're a Scouser ??

trevpr1

ASL Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I laughed at this throwaway line in an article on "Wales Online"

"Victory over Fiji and Australia beating minnows Uruguay and England would put Wales into the quarter-finals..."

MAS01

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States
Michigan State over Michigan last Saturday. At that point in the game, Michigan State had a 0.2% chance of winning.

soggycrow

Polish Submariner
Reaction score
Country
llPoland
Hundreds celebrate!
I was just kidding. I know how popular rugby is. I just would have thought that the greatest upset title would have gone to soccer, which is even more popular. Fact is, I like most of those games that I don't/can't follow. They include Rugby, Australian Rules Football, Irish Hurling, cricket. I even have a favorite footballer - Robert Lewandowski of FC Bayern Munich. Last fall he scored five goals in under 9 minutes. And I like his team mate Muller, too. Both strikers. There was a day when I hated soccer. Now I think it's pretty darn good.

FDBarbarian

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I was just kidding. I know how popular rugby is. I just would have thought that the greatest upset title would have gone to soccer, which is even more popular. Fact is, I like most of those games that I don't/can't follow. They include Rugby, Australian Rules Football, Irish Hurling, cricket. I even have a favorite footballer - Robert Lewandowski of FC Bayern Munich. Last fall he scored five goals in under 9 minutes. And I like his team mate Muller, too. Both strikers. There was a day when I hated soccer. Now I think it's pretty darn good.
What is Irish Hurling? I think I may have been an unwilling player after I drank all that Guiness and Jamieson.

Matt Book

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
What about The Giants putting 18-1 on the Perfect Patriots?
What about Boston coming back against the Yankees 0-3 and sweeping the series?
Miracle on Ice? College Hockey Kids beating the Russians Pros? That's like a college football team beating the 85' Bears