Great War - probably our fault, but...

Mark Stevens

Europe Aflame Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Country
ll
I've got to turn 172 with Bobby from New York, very balanced and interesting game, and the News String 'Increased desertion in Russian Army' has had the grisly effect of making the entire British Army withdraw. :cry:

I say it's (probably) our fault, as we migrated the CoW scenario that we'd started to TOAW III several months ago. Everything had been working perfectly until just now, so do be warned everybody. :mad:

That'll teach us.

Mark Stevens

Reaction score
Country
ll
Yours, but I'm not blaming you...pity, as in mid-late 1917 it was getting really interesting. Initial German rush had failed to reach Paris in 1914 and front had been inching back and forth ever since, first US division just arrived - Italy stabilised south of Triente and along the Italian-Austrian border - Rumania surrendered and Russians just lost Warsaw - Commonwealth taken Damascus and pushing north - Turks still in possession of Baghdad - Turks beating the Russians in the Caucasus but nothing decisive - Greeks not yet in - German resistance in Africa petering out but not yet over...then :argh: and the British Army disappears.

piero1971

Reaction score
Country
llSwitzerland
the horror!!!

so it means in toaw III my scen has bugs!!!! mein gott!! the world will laugh at me now... while it was very well in COW!!!

what happened?

I still dont' ahve toaw III so haven't been able to look or test it!

nemo

-. . -- ---
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
the horror!!!

so it means in toaw III my scen has bugs!!!! mein gott!! the world will laugh at me now... while it was very well in COW!!!

what happened?

I wouldn't be overly worried. The scenarios coming with the release are, as far as I know, bug-free. There seems to be problems when converting CoW scenarios to TOAW III with the latest patch (to be confirmed) and there certainly are when converting games already started with CoW. Mark's problems fall into the latter category.

Ah m... alors! :mad:

Veers

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I wouldn't be overly worried. The scenarios coming with the release are, as far as I know, bug-free. There seems to be problems when converting CoW scenarios to TOAW III with the latest patch (to be confirmed) and there certainly are when converting games already started with CoW. Mark's problems fall into the latter category.
Yes, hopefully there are no problems, Polynike and I are duking it out right now, though it looks like we won't make it to 1917, anyways! :laugh:

Mark Stevens

Reaction score
Country
ll
the horror!!!

what happened?

Our fault for changing horses in mid stream.

CoW :horse: => TOAW III :horse:

piero1971

Reaction score
Country
llSwitzerland
oooohh, I get it.. ok, so converted while in mid-play...ok...

well, as soon as I get toaw III - it seems it's on it's way, I'll play it as well.

welcome back Nemo!

piero1971

Reaction score
Country
llSwitzerland
Mmmh... well I didn't leave lately - been to busy spamming this place.

If you're hinting to our Great War game, I'm waiting for your turn 217 :smoke:
ah... I think the last I played from you is 215... I sent you 216, right?