Great serie for new players. <<Papa & son>>.

rgm84

Reaction score
Country
llChina
Hi,

I have discovered the serie <<papa & son>>, it seems a good one for new players.
Besides I am playing <<Eyes & Claws act 1>>, in this serie.

This is a very nice scenario with F117 planes.

Thus, I would like to know how to <<close>>, the enemy base, I mean how to prevent the opponent from using its airbase?

I have tried to bomb the runaway, but it seems, it is repaired. (I have shot something like +60 tomahawk :p, but the runaways are still there:freak:)

Should I better shoot at the hangars where the aircraft might be located?

Thank you to the whole harpoon community, and especially to Herman who made and keeps on making so much to keep this game kickin'n'alive.

Thank you, Herman.

Respectfully,

Herman Hum

Composite Warfare Command
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Good to see that you still enjoy playing the game.

The closure of a base depends slightly on the version you play. Your tactic to attack the runway is good and will work in any version. The runways will perform self-repair and cannot be destroyed, short of using a nuclear weapon. If you want to prevent the AI from using the base, hitting the runways regularly will keep them reduced to a minimal level and ground the enemy planes, but will not normally destroy them.

To destroy aircraft in H3, you need to attack the facilities that house them, namely the hangars and revetments. In ANW, aircraft can also be stored on the indestructible runways. Therefore, an airbase can never be fully destroyed in ANW because aircraft can always just land on the runways. Personally, I try to destroy the hangars and revetments in either game version. If there are some survivors who use the runways in ANW, they can only be destroyed after they take off. In ANW, t is very difficult to destroy planes that land directly on the runways.

Another target you can select is the ammo dump. Destruction of this facility in H3 will hinder the AI a bit, but not cripple it due to an ammo bug in the game. In ANW, destruction of the ammo dump is more effect as the AI will be unable to re-load planes once they land.

Unfortunately, destruction of the fuel facilities will not have any effect on an airbase. :(

rgm84

Reaction score
Country
llChina
I play version 3.6.3

So, even if I shoot the hangars where the opponent's planes are located, it won't have any effect, as they would stay on the runaway?:mad:

If so, I need to find another plan.

Anyway, this mission, <<eyes and claws act1>> with F117 planes is really good.

Herman Hum

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
No, destruction of the hangars will have a major effect.

Any aircraft caught within the hangar when it is destroyed will also be destroyed. In H3, aircraft that are already airborne but have no place to land (if all the hangars are destroyed), will crash when they run out of fuel. In ANW, aircraft can always land directly on the runway if their host hangar is destroyed. Therefore, it is always a good idea to destroy hangars in hopes of catching the aircraft inside them.

rgm84

Reaction score
Country
llChina
Yes, it seems runaway are close to indestructible.

But for sure, I will destroy the hangars.

--
Well done, Herman.:cool:
It seems you have created this scenario <<eyes and claws act 1>>.
Very nice job.

Herman Hum

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
The credit belongs to Ralf Koelbach. He wrote the original scenarios and granted me permission to re-make them for compatibility with the PlayersDB.

I think that those who play the game, keep the game alive and not those who create. It is always nice to hear from a satisfied player. :)