Great game!

Crash

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I came to the site because I ran across a magazine that is awesome. Checking out the forums I thought I'd get TOAOW to find out what everyone was raving about it...I have no idea what the f#ck I'm doing but I'm addicted. :D

I just wanted to say thanks!

Bloodstar

Reaction score
Country
llCroatia
Crash said:
I came to the site because I ran across a magazine that is awesome. Checking out the forums I thought I'd get TOAOW to find out what everyone was raving about it...I have no idea what the f#ck I'm doing but I'm addicted. :D

You will see, it's like chess, it will take you month and years to become grandmaster ;)

Mario

laszlo.nemedi

Reaction score
Country
llHungary
Crash said:

Welcome here, first you will be beaten, but it is preliminary to be a master... ;)

Crash

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Bloodstar said:
You will see, it's like chess, it will take you month and years to become grandmaster ;)
Mario
I've taken the advice on here to try smaller battles and, although not pretty, I have won a few. :D I think learning the symbols will help a lot. I noticed it is important to balance the turn or you can't exploit success.

I then tried Cambrai (being Canadian) and after almost making the town I got pushed back to the original line. I think that imagining it happening in real life is the addicting part....I was a little ticked that my plan didn't work and it cost massive loss of life :eek: I think the reason was I got too tied up in a town on the way but didn't realize how badly at the time.

People have put some hard work into the game.

Bloodstar

Reaction score
Country
llCroatia
Crash said:
I've taken the advice on here to try smaller battles and, although not pretty, I have won a few. :D I think learning the symbols will help a lot. I noticed it is important to balance the turn or you can't exploit success.

I then tried Cambrai (being Canadian) and after almost making the town I got pushed back to the original line. I think that imagining it happening in real life is the addicting part....I was a little ticked that my plan didn't work and it cost massive loss of life :eek: I think the reason was I got too tied up in a town on the way but didn't realize how badly at the time.

People have put some hard work into the game.
TOAW is nasty addiction, worse than cigarettes or opium :nuts:

It's great when some plan unfolds as you want it. Right now I am playing big scenario (FITE) and consulting 6-7 books on Barbarossa along the way. It really helped to determine some key location that I need to capture asap. Also helps in immersion into game so that TOAW insanity could be complete. I wouldn't be suprised if I put one some German uniform and go out into town one of these days haha:D

Mario

ER_Chaser

Reaction score
Country
llChina
Crash said:

Poor little babe... :D

one last concern, you married? :devil:

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
(Not for long, in any case...)

Welcome aboard to a fellow Canuck, Crash!

First off, you're right... TOAW rocks!

Second of all, there is a somewhat steep learning curve. But it's *totally* worth it. This is the best of what's out there, and that's why this community thrives. Jump in with a few smaller scenarios, but don't hesitate to ask a vet for a game. Yes, you'll likely get kicked, but taking on the hardcore players will teach you the in's and out's of this game *much* faster!

JeremyScott

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I am in the same boat, new to the game b ut becoming quickly addicted. I am playing the north african campaign by myself and am slowly becoming engrossed in the campaign.

Jeremy