Great Country Giveaway Special Offer!

Country
ll
Greetings all,

For any of you that don't already know, I've set myself the target of becoming Emperor of the planet Earth (sorry about that).

It will be a nicer place with flowers, smiling children and lovely music playing all of the time.

However, obviously I'm not going to be able to control the whole thing all of the time, I mean, it's a pretty big place after all, so I was wondering if anyone here would like to volunteer to be Governor of their favourite country to assist me in the day to day running of things once my position has been established?

I posed this question via E-mail recently to some of my loyal followers around the globe, and do you know how many responses I got? TWO. And they BOTH wanted the Dominican Republic. So I'm afraid that one is taken. I've not been there myself, so I don't know what the fuss is all about, but it would seem that none of my other followers were interested.

So, if there's a country you'd like to run in my name (don't forget that daily maintenance of the flowers, smiling children and lovely music is an essential requirement), please let me know.

This is a limited time offer as I need to update my paperwork before the end of the month.

Regards,

Dr. S.

hogdriver

Country
llUnited States
Originally posted by Doctor Sinister
Greetings all,

For any of you that don't already know, I've set myself the target of becoming Emperor of the planet Earth (sorry about that).

It will be a nicer place with flowers, smiling children and lovely music playing all of the time.

However, obviously I'm not going to be able to control the whole thing all of the time, I mean, it's a pretty big place after all, so I was wondering if anyone here would like to volunteer to be Governor of their favourite country to assist me in the day to day running of things once my position has been established?

I posed this question via E-mail recently to some of my loyal followers around the globe, and do you know how many responses I got? TWO. And they BOTH wanted the Dominican Republic. So I'm afraid that one is taken. I've not been there myself, so I don't know what the fuss is all about, but it would seem that none of my other followers were interested.

So, if there's a country you'd like to run in my name (don't forget that daily maintenance of the flowers, smiling children and lovely music is an essential requirement), please let me know.

This is a limited time offer as I need to update my paperwork before the end of the month.

Regards,

Dr. S.
Can I have the entire British Isles (if that is not reserved to yourself and your worthy successor? If not, I'll take France - I've some wild ideas to improve the country, mostly they involve removing the French. :banana: :banana: :banana:

Country
ll
Hmmmm...well, I was kind of hoping to use the UK as my base. I was going to demolish the mountains in Wales, grind them up and build myself a mile-high tower from which to rule. I'm afraid the answer to the British Isles has to be "no" - unless you have any imaginative ideas for their use?

I kind of had plans for France as well, but seeing as you asked so nicely...

Remember - flowers, smiling children and lovely music, that's SO important.

Dr. S.

Country
ll
Originally posted by Brad Ritter
I'll run Texas for ya. We'll attack anyone, anytime, anywhere! :horse:
You might need to talk to jdscott7280 about that - he's a Texan too, and I gave him first refusal on the entire USA in another thread.

But I'll bear you in mind.

Dr. S.

Country
ll
Originally posted by Lance Williams
Dr. S.,

I'd settle for Bermuda or Barbados, someplace that makes a first rate rum.
OK Lance, I'll put you down for both of those for now, if I get another request for one of them then you might have to split the set up.

BTW - you are a Lt. Col now?!?!?!?!?!?!

Dr. S.

Country
ll
Originally posted by dannybou
I want the whole USA?!?!??!?!!??!!!!!! :bowdown:
I guessed that this might become a bit of a contentious one.

I can only suggest that, once we have all the prospective candidates for the USA, we arrange some kind of "Mortal Kombat" style duel to the death on my secret island base, with the winner becoming Governor.

:horse:

Either that, or you might want to choose a different country. Jamaica is nice. :D

Dr. S.

Country
llUnited States
You might need to talk to jdscott7280 about that - he's a Texan too, and I gave him first refusal on the entire USA in another thread.

But I'll bear you in mind.

Dr. S.
My assassins are on their way to his house to...ah.....negotiate.:terms:

RichardS

Country
llUnited States
Greetings all,

Regards,

Dr. S.
I'll take Switzerland and Germany.

Cheers!
:toast:

:horse:

nmas

Country
llUnited States
I'll take Poland. I want to whip them into shape so I can be proud of my Polish heritage!

SGT Long

Country
llUnited States
I cant help but wonder what sort of improvements would be done apon the Dominion of Canada.......

Ive always wanted to see New Zealand,perhaps that too.

Country
ll
Dr. S,
Do the British Isles include the soverign nation of the Republic of Ireland? If not, I would like to claim Ireland in the name of my Irish heritage.....that and the Czech Republic for the other half of my heritage! In return for both nations, I will pledge my undying loyalty to you and your successors!

HUZZAH!!

Country
ll
Originally posted by PvtManaCoB3MD
Dr. S,
Do the British Isles include the soverign nation of the Republic of Ireland? If not, I would like to claim Ireland in the name of my Irish heritage.....that and the Czech Republic for the other half of my heritage! In return for both nations, I will pledge my undying loyalty to you and your successors!

HUZZAH!!
I'll happily split the ROI from the rest of the British Isles - it's yours. :thumb:

As you can see, I will be a generous and benevolent Leader. :D

Dr. S.

Mephisto

Country
llUnited States
Land of the Rising Sun

Dr S.

I humbly request I be considered as Govenor of Japan. I've always had a fascination with the Japanese culture. While doing my best to preserve the better parts of the Japanese heritage, I will also be sure to include the flowers, smiling children and music.

I assume we will have military forces under our command as Govenors in order to squash any rebellions? While flowers, smiling children and music are all very nice, there are some wierdos out there who may take exception to them. :crazy:

Mr Scribbler

Country
ll
Re: Land of the Rising Sun

Originally posted by Mr Scribbler
Dr S.

I humbly request I be considered as Govenor of Japan. I've always had a fascination with the Japanese culture. While doing my best to preserve the better parts of the Japanese heritage, I will also be sure to include the flowers, smiling children and music.

I assume we will have military forces under our command as Govenors in order to squash any rebellions? While flowers, smiling children and music are all very nice, there are some wierdos out there who may take exception to them. :crazy:

Mr Scribbler
Mr Scribbler,

I can see that you are fully in tune with my way of thinking - yes, in addition to the flowers, smiling children and lovely music there will of course also be jack-booted thugs, people's Courts and overwhelming firepower to ensure that the flowers, smiling children and lovely music are maintained at all times for the good of all the people. I will be the benefactor of all mankind, and Japan will be yours to command.

Trust me everybody - the Earth is going to be a GREAT place to live. I promise. :thumb:

Dr. S.

hogdriver

Country
llUnited States
Hmmmm...well, I was kind of hoping to use the UK as my base. I was going to demolish the mountains in Wales, grind them up and build myself a mile-high tower from which to rule. I'm afraid the answer to the British Isles has to be "no" - unless you have any imaginative ideas for their use?

I kind of had plans for France as well, but seeing as you asked so nicely...

Remember - flowers, smiling children and lovely music, that's SO important.

Dr. S.
Done!! The improvement of France will commence forthwith. The following will take effect immediately:

1) The official language of France is now Maori. Anyone caught speaking French will be sentenced to 90 days of watching Richard Simmons' "Sweatin' to the Oldies";

2) Paris will be plowed under, and will become a landfill. Hereafter known as "the Pit of Despair". In the interest of culture, the Louvre will be emptied and set up in the palace at Versailles.

3) All of the French will be deported to French Guiana (especially significant people to Devil's Island), and other similarly remote and desolate locations. Any scheduled nuclear tests in the South Pacific will proceed as scheduled;

4) France shall be hereafter known as "Throat Warbler-Mangrove", with the capital at Icky-Icky-Icky-P'tang-Zoog-boing (the former Rouen);

5) At age 18, all French males must serve two years of coastal patrol of Greenland. All 18 year old females must serve as domestics in Hugh Hefner's mansion.

By my estimates, all traces of French culture will be eradicated within 3 to 5 years. Then its on to the more exotic (e.g. Tahiti) French possessions.

I am forever indebted to your most magnificent and generous majesty.