Graveyard and BOG

Juan SantaX

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
Hi all:

Maybe they are a bit silly questions....

When you change your covered arc with an AFV inside wood/building/rubble to fire, you must aply Case A plus take a Bog Check C.5.11.

1.- Do you have to take a Bog Check when changing CA in a wood in the movement phase? B13.41

2.-Do you have to take a Bog Check when changing CA in a graveyard in the enemy movement phase/defensive fire phase?

3.-Do you have to take a Bog Check when changing CA in a graveyard in the movement phase? B18.41

Thanks in advance

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Yes to all.

8.2 BOG: Bog occurs only when a vehicle fails a Bog Check DR. A vehicle must make a Bog Check as dictated by the Terrain Chart for entering, or exiting or making any VCA change (one Bog DR per hexspine) in, certain terrain types termed Bog hexes

Juan SantaX

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
Thanks a lot.

I thought that, but then the C5.11 looks a bit confusing to me, listing only woods/building/rubble.

Thanks

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Note that in woods, the +3 bog DRM for entering at half MP doesn't apply to changing VCA in them.

And in a Graveyard, they say that if you fail your Bog check, you stop dead. ☠

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
I thought that, but then the C5.11 looks a bit confusing to me, listing only woods/building/rubble.
I think that's a oversight.

C5.11:
"Regardless of Gun Type, the Case A DRM is doubled if the firer is in woods/building/rubble; in addition, a change of VCA in woods/building/rubble requires passage of a Bog Check (D8.2) first."

I think the latter part perhaps should have just said that a Bog Check is required if in Bog Terrain - instead of just listing three types.

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I think that's a oversight.

C5.11:
"Regardless of Gun Type, the Case A DRM is doubled if the firer is in woods/building/rubble; in addition, a change of VCA in woods/building/rubble requires passage of a Bog Check (D8.2) first."

I think the latter part perhaps should have just said that a Bog Check is required if in Bog Terrain - instead of just listing three types.
I think this is Just a run on from the doubling in woods buikding rubble. You need a bog check if in a graveyard but the penalty is not doubled.