Graphics Editor Questions

nilsderondeau

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Well, here I am again risking precious hours preparing a DA situation for my English course. The prize is a living situation that will engage my students. The price is beating my head against the horrid interface. Can anyone tell my why the graphics editor won't open?

1. I've coded a map for terrain.
2. I've added objectives, key terrain, and avenues of approach
3. I want to lay down phase lines and unit boundaries. The graphics editor simply won't open.

The graphics editor opens for other scenarios.

Can anyone give me a hand?

Cheers,
N.

Edit: I neglected to add that I'm running Version 2.7

Last edited:

rahamy

HPS Games Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Please send me all related files in a Zip file to Support at hpssims.com and I'll get with Jim and see what can be found.

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Fast guess, assuming you're using v2.7:

You opened DA and went straight into the editor.

Try backing out to the menu & go into Hotseat mode.

Some of the Editor menu items get locked out if you don't enter Hotseat first (or another two-player mode first).

nilsderondeau

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Thanks, James. This works. I'm finding working in DA requires a complex Kabuki dance to get anything done.

nilsderondeau

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
And yet, it's very easy to use for a military sim! :cheeky:
I'm learning my way around it. Pain in the ass to work in, though.

I can report that my class is extremely engaged by the simulation of one of their previous CPXs. Briefly, I'm using an AAR tape of various ECOAs to provoke discussion in English. I'm not teaching tactics but, rather, how to talk about operations in English. DA's presentation of the action has them thumbing through their dictionaries before the whole turn plays out.

Although I hate the interface, the pedagogical interest the program generates far outweighs the attendant annoyances.

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Glad to hear it's working despite the trouble. Keep asking about the issues when they come up, I'll help when I can.