Grabbing multiple stacks of units

Larry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Drawing a box around the pulled counters and dropping them someplace else sometimes causes a stack to collapse on itself. I can't double click and expand it. I can't do anything with the stack other than drag one counter off at a time. It isn't always, about half the time or half the stacks in a drag and drop.

Pacman Ghost

Reaction score
A maze of twisty little passages, all alike
Country
llAustralia
Can confirm the same. I've seen it in a freshly-opened scenario (that had been previously set up), so it's not being caused by something that happens during the course of play.

There's a stack of multiple counters (owned by me, no concealment), but only the top one is visible, and it looks like a single counter. Double-clicking it doesn't do anything, but dragging it somewhere reveals the entire stack beneath, and then it's OK.

Can't reproduce it reliably, unfortunately.

Last edited:

nekengren2

Reaction score
First name
Neal
Country
llUnited States
Yep. I have learned to NOT drag multiple stacks. The behavior is rather random. Sometimes Stack 1 collapses to a single counter. Sometimes Stack 3 and 4. Sometimes you drag again and the collapses are different again. It really is a quite annoying bug.

DougRim

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Can someone attach or send me a .vsav or .vlog file in which this happens (even if it doesn't happen all the time). Since it seems to be an intermittent thing, it would be helpful to start with a file likely to display it at some point.

Thanks.

Pacman Ghost

Reaction score
A maze of twisty little passages, all alike
Country
llAustralia
Can someone attach or send me a .vsav or .vlog file in which this happens (even if it doesn't happen all the time). Since it seems to be an intermittent thing, it would be helpful to start with a file likely to display it at some point.
Sent to your Gmail account. We're in luck, the problem happens reliably when the scenario is opened (at least for me).

BTW, I note that in this case, the counters are HIP'ed, but if you look closely, you can see the lower counters underneath the top one, it just looks like there's only one counter.

I'm sure I've seen this problem with the counters non-HIP, as well.

Last edited:

nekengren2

Reaction score
First name
Neal
Country
llUnited States
I tried to recreate and log the bug on a couple different scenarios but of course now i don't see it. Next time it happens. Maybe something to do with overlays or god knows what.

DougRim

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Thanks. I have Pacman Ghost's file. Let me have a look at that and see what I can find. My first thought is to blame it on VASSAL (LOL) since most stack management is performed by VASSAL code. But I don't know that for sure and will do some debugging.

nekengren2

Reaction score
First name
Neal
Country
llUnited States
I know when it happens.......................
Grab a stack and carry it as the map scrolls........................
When you drop the stack it only shows one counter.
I did this on the Dinant map.

well crap........it also happens sometimes without scrolling.

DougRim

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Going back to last year, I was not able to do much about this issue. We have had several VASSAL versions since then. Is this still a recurring problem with 6.6.4/3.6.6? If so, does it seem to happen in the same situations as before?