Goonswarm: We didn't want that space anyway...

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Absolutely epic. Goonswarm has managed to destroy their own empire by failing to pay the bills. Word has it some of the top Goon leaders are away on vacation or something and may not even be aware of what has happened. :D

The question is, where will they go if they lose Delve? That certainly looks like a very strong possibility at this point and I can't see the Goons' enemies passing on an opportunity to grind their bones into the dust.

Chaim628

Reaction score
Country
llSwitzerland
Is this confirmed? I see they lost like 31 systems but is this related? AAA and IT were doing a big offensive it seems. Lots of enemies for sure...

Dr Zaius

Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Yes, it's confirmed. Apparently, Karttoon has been on vacation and and to protect Goonswarm against what happened to BoB, he didn't give anyone else full director rights. That did give them a layer of protection against espinage, however, whenever you concentrate all the power in the hands of one man it tends to greatly magnify his mistakes when they do happen. He also wasn't able to be reached by phone, thus Mittani couldn't do anything to reverse this situation once it began.

I will have an article up about this shorty. In the mean time, you can read a battle report from Manfred Sideous on what happened here.

Dr Zaius

Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
That is hilarious! Somewhere BoB must be laughing their collective butts off!
Oh, they're doing more than that. IT (which consists of a lot of old BoB players and is led by Sir Molle himself) is leading the charge into Goon space and has already taken a big wet bite out of their ass.

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I just got a notice to re-sub for five days free and a reduced rate for one month. I might have to jump in again!

Dr Zaius

Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
I just got a notice to re-sub for five days free and a reduced rate for one month. I might have to jump in again!
Hell, it's worth it just to be able to read the forums. The trolling on CAOD has officially reached epic proportions.

Dr Zaius

Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Sounds like Goons are going to bail out of Delve and head back to Syndicate.
You know, that might just make EVE a more interesting place. The Goons sort of remind me of Lord Humongous and his gang of thugs from The Road Warrior. While lawless space certainly suits their style of play, they seem less well suited for sovereignty warfare.

I've heard a few Goons say that a move to Syndicate and away from sov warfare will allow them to go back to doing what they do best and return to their roots.