Good TV Shows

paulkenny

Reaction score
Law and Order SVU is still good on occassion, a good crime story, the characters are interesting, Chris Meloni is the man. Any show with Ice Tea AND Richard Belzer is a winner in my book.

The Office-Laugh out loud funny and I love the romance between Pam and Jim.

My Name is Earl-Again another show that makes me laugh out loud. funniest episode was a couple years ago when Cops filmed in Camden Co. earl always with the eyes closed in pictures, the drunk actor (funny Howard Stern reference there) etc

Simpsons is still funny and creative

check out Recount for a decent TV movie

freightshaker

Reaction score
I second 'My Name is Earl', great show. We also watch 'Scrubs' and for some reason I like 'Cops', the only 'real' reality TV. Maybe I'm trying to catch a glimpse of Psycho.

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I second 'My Name is Earl', great show. We also watch 'Scrubs' and for some reason I like 'Cops', the only 'real' reality TV. Maybe I'm trying to catch a glimpse of Psycho.
:angry: :mad: :blab: :freak:

We watched a couple of My Name is Earl and it looks really funny.

soggycrow

Polish Submariner
Reaction score
Country
llPoland
Law and Order SVU is still good on occassion, a good crime story, the characters are interesting, Chris Meloni is the man. Any show with Ice Tea AND Richard Belzer is a winner in my book.
In my house I call it Law and Order SUV. Biggest fan in the house is my high school daughter. Her older brother calls it "Catherine's little rape show." :)

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In my house I call it Law and Order SUV. Biggest fan in the house is my high school daughter. Her older brother calls it "Catherine's little rape show." :)
LOL! :laugh: I share his sentiments.

I don't care for any of these new crime shows, be it L&O, CSI, Numbers. I find the lot of them to be ghoulish in the extreme, with the crimes so perverted they they give you nightmares. Then there are those gimmicky solutions that cap off the mess.

I say bring back the days of Sherlock Holmes and Columbo, where every mystery became a battle of wits between the killer and the detective! Now that's entertainment.

Speaking of that, I really enjoyed both Poirot and Midsomer Murders on A&E. Alas, they took them off some time ago. :OHNO:

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I hav boycotted the entire last season of EVERY TV show.

I have preferred to watch DVDs from TV shows of times long ago....

Combat

Hill Street Blues

Even a few Moonlighting episodes.

paulkenny

Reaction score
another great show is Weeds on Showtime (although the current season shows the series jumped the shark). Also californication is great, terrific writing.