Good thoughts for ASLers in Florida

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
Hi guys, just want to send my good thoughts and prayers to all my ASL Comrades in FL with Hurricane Ian bearing down on them.

I know Tom Morin (my right-hand man for Dispatches) and Evan Sherry amongst others live in the metro Tampa area and are under a severe threat, Tom had to evacuate already and they are staying a few more miles inland with her daughter, they will still feel severe wind and rain there no matter what.

So I hope everyone will be OK when the storm passes but I fear it will take months, if not years, for many to rebuild. Keep good thoughts for all our friends down there, your ASL Comrade, Vic.

Hutch

Curator of the ASL Armory
Reaction score
First name
Hutch
Country
llUnited States
I'm on the east side, we are only expected to get rain (already the past two days) and 60-80mph gusts of wind. But my thoughts are with the ones in the Tampa area. Stay safe fellow ASL'ers.

Faded 8-1

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States
Should it hit Tampa head-on, it could be absolutely devastating. On the order of Katrina, or worse. Hopefully that will not happen.

Hutch, 60-80 mph winds are nothing to sneeze at either. Stay frosty.

Augie

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi guys, just want to send my good thoughts and prayers to all my ASL Comrades in FL with Hurricane Ian bearing down on them.

I know Tom Morin (my right-hand man for Dispatches) and Evan Sherry amongst others live in the metro Tampa area and are under a severe threat, Tom had to evacuate already and they are staying a few more miles inland with her daughter, they will still feel severe wind and rain there no matter what.

So I hope everyone will be OK when the storm passes but I fear it will take months, if not years, for many to rebuild. Keep good thoughts for all our friends down there, your ASL Comrade, Vic.
Thanks - the Tampa Bay/Schwerpunkt crew is "Bunker'd" down. We will send a dispatch when it is over!

Tom Morin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thoughts & Prayers for Mike McGrath down in Fort Myers, right in the path. Gary Bartlett too, in Bradenton. Here in St. Pete they're predicting 90+ Mph winds and 12"+ of rain, so mostly flood issues with some minor wind damage. Thanks to everyone for concerns.

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
Hi Tom, glad you are still with us, yes, prayers for anyone down the coast from you, looks like a major catastrophe for sure.

Call or e-mail me by next Wednesday morning, even if we are not playing, just to chew the fat and see how you guys are doing.

Take care & say HI to Marie for me, good luck with everything, Vic.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
All is good in St Petersburg, aside from a power outage we had 70+ mph winds and 5" rain, pretty easy stuff. Thoughts and prayers go out to the folks in the Ft. Myers area, they took the brunt of the storm.
Glad to hear all is well. I was thinking earlier that if even the mildest part of the hurricane happened here my roof would be in the next county.

Our thoughts and prayers to all who experienced it.

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
All is good in St Petersburg, aside from a power outage we had 70+ mph winds and 5" rain, pretty easy stuff. Thoughts and prayers go out to the folks in the Ft. Myers area, they took the brunt of the storm.
So glad to hear, I will look forward to talking with you next Wednesday as usual, if you want to play we can, if you just want to talk about what just happened, we can do that. Just glad you and everyone is OK there. I hope the same for those further down the coast, Vic.