Good Seaborne Assault Scenarios

Mr Incredible

Rod loves red undies
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Thinking about undertaking a seaborne assault scenario with a regular opponent.

I have played BR:T and Sand & Blood.

Was looking for a regular seaborne assault scenario and seeking recommendations for one to cut our teeth on.

Was thinking

A55 The Cat has Jumped
A79 Mike Red
Hell or High Water
When I call Roll

any other suggestions?

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
There are not a lot of Seaborne Assault scenarios to choose from.

kcole4001

Stray Cat
Reaction score
First name
Kevin
Country
llCanada
LFT98 "And Then They Landed' is, I believe, a seaborne assault from LFT #11, which came with the cool beach map.

MAS01

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States
Just looking at the scenarios out of LFT 12 this morning:

FT136, Shanghai By Sea, is a 7 turn scenario with 6 Japanese landing craft and 14 squads.

FT145, Bears of Kinmen, is larger, at 8.5 turns with 12 ChiCom landing craft and 24 squads.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If looking for something a little out of the ordinary try Lone Canuk's LSSAH#11 "SEA BATTLE" and LSSAH#13 "THE RUSSIANS ARE COMING!". The former is a Sea Assault scenario the latter a Sea Evacuation one (rare indeed). I gave both scenarios a rating of 8 out of 10 for fun, playability and balance and replay for what that's worth (of course quite subjective).

zgrose

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Zoltan
Country
llUnited States
A hearty +1 for AP101 When I Call Roll in your list. Very playable and touches many of the rule elements of a Seaborne Assault.

buser333

Reaction score
Thinking about undertaking a seaborne assault scenario with a regular opponent.

I have played BR:T and Sand & Blood.

Was looking for a regular seaborne assault scenario and seeking recommendations for one to cut our teeth on.

Was thinking

A55 The Cat has Jumped
A79 Mike Red
Hell or High Water
When I call Roll

any other suggestions?
My regular opponent and I just broke into these ourselves. He chose "AP101 - When I Call Roll" as our first foray and it proved to be a great learning scenario. We are now playing "CH4a - Dog Green" and it is a nice additional step up from that. After that we plan to tackle "AP83 - Thai Hot" to ease our way into the Japanese.

Last edited:

ReggieRed

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My regular opponent and I just broke into these ourselves. He chose "AP101 - When I Call Roll" as our first foray and it proved to be a great learning scenario. We are now playing "CH4a - Dog Green" and it is a nice additional step up from that. After that we plan to tackle "AP83 - Thai Hot" to ease our way into the Japanese.
When I Call Roll was a nice one to "get our feet wet" (pun intended), and it has a write-up in one of the recent journals (11 or 12) that was helpful for getting a handle on the rules. Dog Green is basically the same action but adds a few things that are not in When I Call Roll, namely transporting tanks to shore in LCs, and a much larger ocean area to traverse to introduce more chances to attack LCs on their run in. When I Call Roll was so small that it offered few opportunities to shoot at LCs and thus we really didn't get a good handle on those rules.

Bloody Red Beach and/or Hell or High Water from the Gung Ho/Rising Sun set is our goal, but one of them (don't remember off-hand) has caves and we thought that might be a lot to bite off along with the seaborne assault stuff right off the bat.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Bloody Red Beach has caves. On the other hand its use of LC is fairly limited. The Marines land mostly in LVTs, which die like normal vehicles instead of using DP. Still its not the worst decision ever made to hold back and learn something of the beach landing rules first.

JR

zgrose

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Zoltan
Country
llUnited States
Super duper lite (seaborne assault) but a nice scenario.

Cpl Uhl

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Any of the early war Japanese seaborne assaults are easier because they don't have ramped LC.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
It surely does have an interesting hull design. I was not aware of this before.

von Marwitz

KhandidGamera

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm surprised no one mentioned DB62 Heroic Defense of Wake. Lots of interesting things in this, Bunker guys have some talent for innovation I think. Part night, part day, burning wreck LC (actually Patrol Boat), Japanese Air Support. Haven't gotten a chance to play this, but want to. Seems like a good primer on a number of subjects with a manageable scenario size.

Early CH one, predating SPR, but you can pick out CPT Miller in the OB: CH4 Stutzpunkt Vierville.

ASL News #49, Assault on Pointe-Du-Hoc.

Some day JR, when I can take more time off for ASLOK: BRB.

Whiskers1123

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
What about Critical Hit Packs. They have many. I'm sure I missed a few.

Pointe-du-Hoc
Omaha Beach West
Omaha Beach East
Gold Beach
Sword Beach
Juno Beach
King Red and new King Red/King Green coming soon
Utah Beach coming soon
St. Come-du-Mont coming soon