Good News from the Los Angeles Front

Sgt_Rock

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi folks - I got a job and am also getting a new residence which will allow me to haul my PC out of storage, hook it up to the internet and get back up and running on game design and some playing too.

Work (telemarketing) is a bit out of my line but for now I am just digging through it, trying to enjoy it as much as possible and do my very best. At 53 my voice is not what it used to be ... and I am going to look for another job by the first of the year if I don't think that this one will be what I need.

I have one title that is very mature and I should be able to finish it early next year if all goes well. Very excited about a new Nap series I am working with another software company very soon. The design will be great for fighting entire large battles and many new values will be available for the units which I have wanted to see for some time such as unit experience. The scale will be brigades and will offer the player more of the battlefield commander viewpoint than the micromanagement we get in current games.

Hoping that this coming year is much better than this one! Stay tuned to more info as it comes available! :)

Old Dog

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Good news at Thanksgiving time ! Nice to hear of your new job and forthcoming plans. I'm sure that you'll have plenty of folks waiting to hear your future news.

Happy Thanksgiving,
Old Dog

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
It's nooooooooooooooot faaiiiiiiiiiirrrr ! I waaaaaaaaant to live in California :hissyfit: - it's cold and the sky is definitely grey in London; miserable as sin :umbrella:........!

[video=youtube_share;N-aK6JnyFmk]http://youtu.be/N-aK6JnyFmk[/video]

holdit

Reaction score
Country
llIreland
Glad to hear that things are picking up for you Bill. Onwards and upwards!

Sgt_Rock

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ok - my final update to this thread as it is getting kind of old.

I rented a room in November and have been getting rest, enjoying lovely days here, and the really good news is is that I am working full time on two game titles. I can't go into details but one of them is a brand new series I am designing with the aid of a programmer. This is the first time I have ever built a computer game from the ground up (the concept anyway) and its been a daunting task. Every day some new thought comes to mind that is helping me get the concepts into reality.

I am hard at work on my last title for John Tiller and am building the scenario list, deciding on how to best do a battle that was spread out all over the place, and the best news yet is that I now have my PC back up on the internet via a wireless modem router I am using. Wireless internet is very expensive if you use a lot of GBs so I am running down to the library (1/2 a block away) to download large files. I have already used up 1 GB of data in TWO days because I thought I was getting SP3 for XP but instead got a wrong file. Oh well. Live and learn.

I had wireless for the tablet device through Verizon but am cancelling it. It was far too much money to have Verizon as a data provider, something like 2x the price of NetZero my current provider for the home.

I rent a room in a house - all Hispanic occupants - and its only a block away from the first house I ever lived in (no, we didnt live in tents before then ... I was ... well not alive before that LOL). This entire move to LA has been a return to my childhood (yes, I am getting senile a bit ... LOL again). I am seeing places that I knew so well from my childhood ... the sad part is ... no one I knew from then is left. This entire area has changed so much. I am looking forward to the day when I can move out of the San Fernando Valley and live in a different city altogether. My goal is Carson City, NV eventually as I love the Old West and have been through there many times. Its a nice town and has grown up quite a bit since I first went through it.

I got my bike fixed this past week but I am still having issues with it so I am taking it back to see if they can adjust it correctly.

Well that's it. I consider myself fully back in LA for now and while I no longer have a full time job (I had to let it go as I was not keeping up with the sales pace they set) I am happily building games here at the house. Looking to get a simple job this coming week so I can get ahead of my bills. A nice royalty payment this past week helped me pay off some debts and get the bike fixed. Now to get a job (again) and really move on with life.