Gone Skiing in Wisconsin

Cheetah772

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hello,

Where in Wisconsin?

I live in Waukesha, Wisconsin. You should try and sample some of our finest dairy products. They're way better than most of the states' dairy products. In fact, they're the best in the world, period.

Dan

MonsterZero

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm back. As I sit in my chair I still have the wobbly sensation of turning and skimming along...left leg, right leg, left leg, right leg. When I was driving back home this was even worse, I could swear my car had four skis instead of tires. I skied almost non stop 8 yours on Friday, 9 hours today. Then drove 190 miles back home. Totally exhausted but cold beer is waiting for me in the fridge.

I am such a happy man tonight.

You know, if I were to ever join the military I'd like to serve in an Alpine infantry unit. Or a commando unit on skis, like the Norwegian guys from Blood and Water

Last edited:

laszlo.nemedi

Reaction score
Country
llHungary
Hehe, when I was soldier, I am served in the Hungarian mountain troops (we planned to attack Italy throu the Alps).

As you come back I can relax :D

MonsterZero

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Priest said:
Welcome back MonsterZero, how many trees did you run into?
God forbid running into a tree! That's a skier's worst sin and can kill you even with a slow speed impact! But I have seen at least two tree casualties yesterday and those people were incapacitated. They had to be tied up to a stretcher and taken down the mountain by snowmobile. One kid with a nasty leg fracture (I could see the angle of his leg as my lift chair passed over him), a lady was down on her face and couldn't get up anymore and at least 3 other strecher cases where the people where definitely finished for the day although I wasn't sure what they had run into.

Last year a snowboarder died after hitting a tree the width of a traffic sign.

But it doesn't have to be that way, children so tiny they can pass under my crotch as I stand on my skis can handle the most challenging runs confidently and safely. The victims don't have any imagination or are scared. They panic and their first instinct is to "get off the mountain" which means turning to the left or right into the ditch and the trees.

Last edited:

laszlo.nemedi

Reaction score
Country
llHungary
MonsterZero said:
God forbid running into a tree! That's a skier's worst sin and can kill you even with a slow speed impact! But I have seen at least two tree casualties yesterday and those people were incapacitated. They had to be tied up to a stretcher and taken down the mountain by snowmobile. One kid with a nasty leg fracture (I could see the angle of his leg as my lift chair passed over him), a lady was down on her face and couldn't get up anymore and at least 3 other strecher cases where the people where definitely finished for the day although I wasn't sure what they had run into.

Last year a snowboarder died after hitting a tree the width of a traffic sign.

Sounds a good holiday with many visual effect. Next time could you make video on this one. :D