Goliath becomes a Burning Wreck and explodes. Does +2 effects DRM apply?

Hipsu

Reaction score
Country
llFinland
Let me quote some Goliath vehicle note rules:
...If a Goliath becomes a Burning Wreck or is detonated, it explodes in the same manner as 36 FP Placed DC attack...
Also repeated later:
...if destroyed such that it would have become a Burning Wreck if it had wreck capability, it instead automatically detonates.

But then there's this rule (detonating outside AFPh):
Alternatively, a Goliath can be detonated at any time during another friendly fire phase, provided the above-mentioned controller conditions are met; such use incurs a +2 effects DRM (regardless of whether or not the Goliath/target are moving/in Motion).

The question is: If a Goliath explodes outside a friendly fire phase (because it became a burning wreck), does the +2 DRM apply?

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I think the +2 DRM that you refer to does apply to the attack resolution of the detonating Goliath.

The Goliath does never leave a wreck/burning wreck. It is basically a large DC on tracks but much much smaller than a tank or even a Jeep. If it blows up, nothing remains.

View attachment 45182

This thing was loaded with 50 or 60kg (110 - 130 lbs.) of explosives. What could conceivably be left after it detonated in the ways of a wreck? :bite:
As a comparison: A typical German anti-tank mine of WW2 had around 5 kg of explosives.

von Marwitz

Last edited:

Hipsu

Reaction score
Country
llFinland
The Goliath does never leave a wreck/burning wreck.
Yeah, I knew that already though, but thanks for the extra info and the picture! :) I just used the term the same way the actual vehicle note does, i.e. it explodes if it could've become a burning wreck. But my question doesn't have much to do with that other than I think it's the only way for it to be detonated outside a friendly fire phase. And the +2 DRM seems to apply only during a friendly fire phase... I myself lean towards it not applying...

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Detonating it is not the same as turning it into a burning wreck. The +2 applies only to "controlled" or "voluntary" detonation not to it going up. in ablaze of glory.

M.Koch

Grenadier TD
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
So you are German Special Forces then...or is that blacked out eyes bit b/c you are wanted by Interpol (again)?
I told you not to tell...
Now Mr.H, because you know me by face...I have to.... kill you !
Ask the Major...I kill you ( voice of Achmed )

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ask the Major...I kill you ( voice of Achmed )
You have to take a number and get in line, make sure you have all the proper forms filled out and you signed the waiver on page 3...the target will not be responsible for any harm (to include fatality) as a result of your attempt to engage it...