Goliath and LOS

Hubbs5

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A quick question here. Since Goliath's move like a vehicle are they in LOS like a vehicle? For instance I have a Goliath in bypass of a building and have LOS to the rear vertex of that vehicle but not the front vertex, is the Goliath out of LOS of my controller or can I see it like I could if it was a regular vehicle? Any help is appreciated. :D

Treadhead

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It seems to me that you must trace LOS to the CAFP, just as if it was any other vehicle. In your example, the controller would not have LOS, since he apparently does not have LOS to the CAFP.

By the way, you seem to suggest that LOS to a vehicle in Bypass can be drawn to the "rear vertex", and that is incorrect. LOS must always be traced to the CAFP, as per D2.32: " ... [the CAFP] is the point in the hex where all fire to and from the vehicle is traced while using VBM or Stationary Bypass in that hex."

Regards,
Bruce Bakken

Fred Ingram

Average Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That would bring up an interesting anomoly. If a stationary vehicle in bypass starts up in reverse, does the CAFP instantly jump to the "rear" vertex ???