Gold Rush In California 2017. He He !

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
gold.jpg

He He !........................................................................:D

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/A-mini-gold-rush-has-descended-on-Northern-11303830.php

" I deeeeeeed tells dem..........I found dee Gold......I found eeeeet......lots of bright ,.....shiney yellowey nuggets, like my teeth. He he !...... Beeeg juicy nuggets,......... as beeeeeeeg as yer eyeball........ He He !......I been out heeer fer 40 yarn,........ panning every day.....He He !.....all day til lights out. ( Cough ) !... They dids call me an old Kooooook.....saids, I was a stinky, urine soaked bum,........ who belongs in San Francisco.......I tells dem to go whistle Dixie !. .....Lost my marbles.........Ehhhh ! He He !.......tells me that I shooood get me back to my Congress Senator job,.....but I tells dem, I tells em, to keep their corrupt money......Yes, Sir !..... I tells em dar be an honest way fer a man to makin a livin without screwing peeeeeple over ....He He ! ( Cough ) They tells me that dar be no Gold left in California,......... but I shooooows dem, He He I ............! I shirley deeeeed shooooows dem......... ( Fart....... ).........scuse me, it been a long day.............I bin invited to dinner with them Clintons,.....they saaay dat theyse gonna help me with ma Gold.........He HE ! ( Faaaaaaaaaart ........)..........do you wanna pulls up dat bottle............Hmmmmmm............. ! ".

gold2.jpg

Nineteen Kilo

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Living about 20 miles from Sutter's Mill (ground zero of the 1849 Gold Rush) I can tell you this is nothing new. All my life people have been up there panning for gold on the South Fork of the American River. The gold didn't disappear in 1850, there's just not the quantity there was. Now it's just not worth the effort/time/dollars to actually retrieve it anymore. But some still enjoy trying, and every once in a great while someone gets lucky.

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
gold.jpg

" As beeeeg as ma eyeball !....." He He ! ..........

I have read somewhere that there is a tiny amount of gold in British streams and river systems; but like you say- is it worth the time and effort. However that said; there is a huge amount of gold and silver out there in the form of Celtic, Saxon, Roman and Medieaval treasure burials.

I keep putting off buying a high performance metal detector but will get round to it eventually. Even finding something old that is not particularly valuable is still exciting. If you see something as a hobby or past-time, that gets you out in the open; then I guess it's a win situation.................with potential.

Couch potatoes do not get lucky with anything...........lesson of life..........:)

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I can think of nothing more boring than walking around the country side staring down at the ground in front of you while waving a five kg stick with earphones on. I've seen enough people doing it on our beaches, every one of them wanting to find a spare doubloon, while ignoring the ocean, sun and sand. It looks like self imposed solitary confinement but in the fresh air. And it's always solitary old men, never women or children.

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Personally speaking - I really do not understand people who are really into fishing; some get up at 4 o'clock in the morning, come rain or shine or cold and sit there freezing their butts off in the hope of catching a fish and then let it go. Solitary and boring and confined to solitary old men.
The trick is to do your research first ....I do not condone it ; but there are individuals who read about the latest archaeological discoveries of say a Roman villa, and then turn up with their metal detectors at night to sift around the area. There is also a a huge advantage in knowing the topography of areas......studying satellite imagery, which shows straight lines or eroded watercourses which people lived in or nearby.
What do you do when you are retired - potter around in the garden , watch re-runs of yogi bear and listen to your wife's nagging ; your daughter crying that her husband is a louse , but she loves him anyhow , so maybe self imposed solitary confinement is not so bad.........to keep your sanity. :)