GOG/Steam/GG summer sales

kawaiku

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Re: GOG summer sale

Almost forgot about this. Thanks for the heads up Gen Electric.

Ended up picking up the Deponia series and nearly pulled the trigger on Broken Sword 2-4.

Last edited:

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

I'm waiting for the Steam summer sale. It must be real close because TF2 is getting a daily series of big updates, and that usually heralds the arrival of the summer sale.

kawaiku

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

I prefer GOG's mainly because of the need to be online to play games on Steam. I also have way to many games on my Steam account as it is lol! (Mostly unplayed like 99% of the other Steam users! :p) Do you have your sights set on anything in particular?

shunwick

Reaction score
Country
ll

I have picked up Alpha Centauri and Dungeon Keeper 2 from GOG. All for the price of a chicken salad sandwich, that I will now have to go without. Oh well, I need to lose weight anyway....

This is Boogie2988 on the Steam Summer Sale beginning today for two weeks:-

[video=youtube;mrKb_BDrkIM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrKb_BDrkIM[/video]

Best wishes,
Steve

Last edited:

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

I picked up Gunpoint on Steam for $2.50, and Shadow Run Returns for $5 on GamersGate's summer sale. Both games are worth more than what I paid. :) Right now, I think the only game I am waiting to grab is State of Decay.

shunwick

Reaction score
Country
ll

I picked up Gunpoint on Steam for $2.50, and Shadow Run Returns for $5 on GamersGate's summer sale. Both games are worth more than what I paid. :) Right now, I think the only game I am waiting to grab is State of Decay.
I am waiting for Steam to serve up Hearts of Iron III and Civilization V. These will keep me in Grand Strategic heaven for a while. I certainly enjoy the summer sales.

Best wishes,
Steve

shunwick

Reaction score
Country
ll

Scott,

It looks like your wish has come true. State of Decay is a daily deal at £3.74. There's zombie killing goodness for you.

I have just picked up Mount & Blade Warband on one the flash sales. Nice.

Best wishes,
Steve

Last edited:

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Scott,

It looks like your wish has come true. State of Decay is a daily deal at £3.74. There's zombie killing goodness for you.

I have just picked up Mount & Blade Warband on one the flash sales. Nice.

Best wishes,
Steve
Thanks for the heads up, Steve! Just ran over there to grab it! :D Should really get the DLC too, but it takes so long for me to finish the main game these days that it could be years before I get around to the DLC. :)

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

No problem, everyone likes a deal now and then. Scott, have you tried State of Decay yet? Looking for some feedback.
I only put in a few minutes to see how it looked and ran because Shadowrun has been too mesmerizing to me. :D From what I saw it certainly seemed like a decent game, certainly worth the $5. But other that that, can't really say yet.

kawaiku

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

No problem, everyone likes a deal now and then.
True! Weirdly, I wasn't planning on spending any more on sales and then I get an email telling me a friend of mine bought me Heist: Payday as a gift. Sad part is is I cannot play it on my comp lol! (Not to mention I have summer school as well. -_-)

Gen_Electric

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

True! Weirdly, I wasn't planning on spending any more on sales and then I get an email telling me a friend of mine bought me Heist: Payday as a gift. Sad part is is I cannot play it on my comp lol! (Not to mention I have summer school as well. -_-)
That's too bad, it was an ok game. SP was meh but MP was good if you could find 4 friends. I gotta pass on State of Decay, the continuous running of the game; using up resources, when you are not online wouldn't work. I get to play 2 days a week, so I keep looking.

shunwick

Reaction score
Country
ll

Civ V hit the Steam Daily Deal today. Picked up the complete edition. Oh, I am a happy, happy man! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Best wishes,
Steve