GoFundMe for Chas Argent and family

esprcorn

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Many of you have seen this on facebook, for those stalwarts avoiding social media trendiness...

Chas is a good guy and there is no doubt that his son is a great kid. Not to mention that we all have a lot to thank Chas for the hard work he puts into our amazing hobby. Here's a nice opportunity for the community to give back. Given the success of the campaign so far, it's really impressive what an amazingly giving community we have.

https://www.gofundme.com/supporting-the-argent-family

From the GoFundMe description:

"This GoFundMe Campaign will help support Chas and Michelle Argent as they oversee the recovery of their 12-year-old son, Nicolas, who suffered a hemorrhagic stroke on January 13, 2018. The stroke was caused by a medical condition called arteriovenous malformation (AVM), which was previously undiagnosed and that presented no symptoms whatsoever until the stroke. Nicolas survived this life-threatening event and after spending two weeks in the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit at The Johns Hopkins Hospital, he was thrilled to come home on January 27th to be with his family – including his 9-year-old sister, Bryn; his dog, Willow; and his cat, Poe. Nicolas continues to amaze and inspire those around him with his fighting spirit, his astounding recovery, and his ever-present smile.

However, his journey is just beginning. On January 29th, Nicolas began a comprehensive rehabilitation program at Kennedy Krieger Institute where he is receiving care from doctors, physical therapists, speech and language pathologists, occupational therapists, nurses, and neuropsychologists as he works towards transitioning back to middle school. It is currently anticipated that he will be receiving these intensive therapies for at least a few months. In the next 6 months or so, the Argents have been told that Nicolas will need to have surgery to correct the AVM condition in his brain that caused the stroke in the first place. Otherwise, it could happen again. It is not safe to do this procedure on Nicolas at this time. Further tests, treatments, and therapies will most likely follow.

To care for Nicolas, Michelle has had to take an indefinite leave of absence without pay from her new career as a special educator. She just graduated with her M.Ed. in August and as a new employee, she does not qualify for the Family Medical Leave Act. For now, the family can keep health insurance under the school’s plan, but they have to pay the full, unsubsidized premium. The vast majority of Nicolas’ medical expenses are covered, but innumerable subsidiary expenses remain in the face of the significant loss of Michelle’s salary.

The Argents are great people, and this campaign is intended to provide the many friends of the Argents with an easy way to help them out during this time of need.

Donated funds will go to help defray Argent family expenses while Nicolas recovers. There is no doubt that they will be very grateful for any help."

xenovin

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Vincent
Country
llUnited States
Thumbs up - Already contributed

Ganjulama

Tuco B.P.J. Maria Ramirez
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks for posting this. I rarely check Facebook anymore. I contributed.

jtsjc1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Done hope he gets the care he needs and makes a full recovery.

nebel

Share and Enjoy
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
The company I work for operates a not for profit charity to assist kids in these type of situations. Many of our employees contribute to this foundation and we've seen it provide tremendous assistance to literally thousands of kids. I would encourage Chas to apply for a grant on behalf of his son: https://www.firsthandfoundation.org/
I have not met Chas personally nor do I use FB so if someone could pass the link along I would appreciate it.
thanks
N

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Apparently the fund is over two thirds of the way to reaching the $35,000 goal. In ten days only. Wow.

Ganjulama

Tuco B.P.J. Maria Ramirez
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The company I work for operates a not for profit charity to assist kids in these type of situations. Many of our employees contribute to this foundation and we've seen it provide tremendous assistance to literally thousands of kids. I would encourage Chas to apply for a grant on behalf of his son: https://www.firsthandfoundation.org/
I have not met Chas personally nor do I use FB so if someone could pass the link along I would appreciate it.
thanks
N
tagging @Perry so he is aware.

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Please help out Chas and his family.

Mr. Argent is a GREAT guy.

I met him at the Texas Tournament long ago and he has made a lasting impression on me.

So please help out.

The are almost there.

in 24 days they have raise about 90% of the funds necessary.

Please consider and help with what you can.

$5 or $10 from you can help in this worthy cause.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
$ 300 from the goal !
This is impressive !

Perry

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
And in the Emporium here, Ken Katz has a notice about an eBay sale he is conducting to help the cause.