GOD SAVE THE KING--ABtoF thru turn 3 AAR

Markdv5208

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Playing said same scenario against Tony Sella.

I'm the SS, the glory boys, trying to rest and refit when these evil Red Devils come dropping out of the sky to try and kidnap General Feldmarschall Model.

Fortunately, we're there to protect his prissy Wehrmacht tushy, and by the way, we'll try to secure these bridges for the Reich....

My King Tiger was IMMOBED by (of all humiliations) a 50mm MTR rolling a SNAKES on its TK roll after rolling a 5 on a TH (lower body)

The reinforcement groups.
I entered them 2, 1, 3...

But I'm thinking I should have done 1, 2,3 b/c of all the distance that group 1 has to cross....

But I couldn't resist all those beautiful tanks...

Both Tony and I ask--WHY THE HELL DIDN"T THE BRITS HAVE CLOSE AIR SUPPORT?

You tell the idiots in the RAF or ARMY AIR CORPS that all AFVs in the Arnhem area are BAD....

SO, why didn't they?
Any answer that anyone might have I would appreciate....

I have been VERY careful with my troops. Some ELR failures (to include a now 436 SS Squad--not only are they brutal murderers, but now they're not even competent...oh the shame)

IF I lose this scenario, it will be b/c of the rat hunt nature of this scenario ie clear all of block H of GO Brit MMC.....

More as it happens...

Mark De Vries

Doc Martin

Reaction score
why the RAF didnt have air cover over Arnhem

Mark,
there are a few reasons for this. While the RAF had dedicated air support for 21 AG, and XXX corps inparticular for the drive in, they decided they did NOT want to have any over Arnhem. Reason, clutter over the battlefield of thousands of Aircraft (fighters, bombers, transports and gliders).
For a more indepth look at this, try reading the Race for the Rhine Bridges by Alexander McKee. He looks at 3 battles for the Rhine in that region, in 1940, 44, and 45. Just to forewarn you however, he has a strong dislike of Ike, Bradley and Patton. He takes a strong position on the status of Post war europe, and how a concentrated drive thru Holland might have saved eastern Europe from the Russians. I dont necessarily agree with him, although it is a interesting idea.

Doc Martin